unidentified bayonet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unidentified bayonet

Had this since I was a kid. Not much in the way of markings. Any help to ID is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files
    pseudo-expert

Possible unit marks????
    Attached Files
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Maybe some type of Belgian M24 bayonet, intended for export to South America?
      Scabbard looks re-placed.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi

Comment

The scabbard is most real FN24 export piece, the blade is 28,5 or 30cm? how large is the barell ring diameter 15,5mm? how long is the slot in pommel, 3cm? i would tend to Uruguay M1908 but it could be something other too.

Comment

The blade is 30cm in length. The muzzle ring is 16.5mm and the slot is appropriate 3cm.
          pseudo-expert

Comment

the 16,5mm is certainly too large, so there must be error or it was opened or reworked, by 30cm blade it could be other south america contracts, Is there 34 - number on crossguard? You should gently clean the area of crossguard as both side there are markings.it could be too a Colombian M34 contract piece but i am not 100% about 30cm blade. Any stamps on pommel?
            Last edited by AndyB; 09-09-2014, 02:38 AM.

Comment

34-5865 on one side and R de C. on the other.
              pseudo-expert

Comment

Like mentioned before is colombian bayonet M1934, Republica de Colombia.

Comment

Thanks guys. I bought it from a pawn shop in Scottsdale AZ when I was 12. I used to toss it at palm trees etc.... I put it away when I left for the army in 78 and just fished it out of the box of junk a couple of weeks ago.

What type rifle would this go on?
                  pseudo-expert

Comment

On Gunboard a friend under nick "Geladen, already posted this rifle.
                    Last edited by AndyB; 09-11-2014, 02:34 AM.

Comment

M1934 Mauser 98 system for Colombia made by Steyr Austria similar to M1912 .The scabbard should be proper with oval button like chile M1912.

Comment

Thanks.
                        pseudo-expert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X