Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing police bayonet

Hello

I have never seen something like that before. I thing this grip insignia is not correct but...???
    Regards
    Alain
    Attached Files

Looks like probably 1938 proper shortened and reworked police SG, about the insignia i dont known. Its glued or movable? b.r.Andy

Comment

I have never seen such type of police insignia.
      Her design reminds me to Weimar Police bayonet insignia.
      Maybe some kind of transitional insignia?

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi

Comment

Alain,

I believe that the style of the insignia on your bayonet is indicative of the transition period between Weimar & early 3R. I have a period tinnie from the early 3R that is identical in shape, albeit slightly bigger than your grip emblem.

As was mentioned, the bayonet itself looks completely period & correct with the exception of the grip emblem. As with any grip emblem, particularly a grip emblem that is atypical, one must always scrutinize with the mindset that it more than likely is some type of replacement emblem either done in the period or subsequently by a collector or dealer. I would agree that part of the answer is in how the emblem is connected to the bayonet. The rivets look to be period done which leads me to believe the entire hilt hasn't been taken down to install the emblem as is sometimes done on higher-end fakes of the HJ bayonet.

It's possible that the emblem is period but IMHO more probable that it was added post-1945. Can you tell how it's attached?

Comment

[QUOTE=Billy G;6577525]Alain,
          I believe that the style of the insignia on your bayonet is indicative of the transition period between Weimar & early 3R. I have a period tinnie from the early 3R that is identical in shape, albeit slightly bigger than your grip emblem.
          QUOTE]

This one? I assume it's early, 1934-35'ish. From star point to point is 21mm. There is another TDDP WHW tin for 34/35 in a similar shape.
          Attached Files
          Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Hello
            Thanks to all for your comments. It is not my bayonet. I saw it for sale on a website and I was very surprised by this uncomon grip emblem I didn't know.
            Regards
            Alain

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X