Sword from Eickhorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sword from Eickhorn

I can buy this sword. Is it good or not??? Thanks.
    Attached Files

Photos are not the best, but I thought that these sabre is original one, manufactured by Carl Eickhorn Solingen - Field Marshal Series - Zieten.
    Tassel dated from the Germany Imperial period.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi
    Last edited by Schlange; 09-04-2014, 01:54 PM.

Comment

T think it is an sword from the Field Marshal Series Model Zieten. Am i right???

Comment

Looks original to me Zeitan by eickhorn, Its on my wish list so I would snap it up personally.
        I only buy UK so sometimes swords are a struggle to find, went to War & Peace show in Kent UK recently found only 3 WW2 German army Swords 2 of which where Junk and massively overpriced from a well known UK dealer, luckily found this nice unmarked example in almost mint condition with knot at a very reasonable price from a Scottish Dealer, may I say to any Scots on this site where Better Together, but respect there decision to vote otherwise.
        Neil
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, you are correct. The sword is a EICKHORN model# 1734 "Zieten". One of my personal favorates from the field marshal series. And as Schlange as already said sporting a Imperial knot.

Comment

That Imperial knot, by the way, is quite rare in itself. For an NCO's sword, so-called 'shaving brush' portepee.
            Neil...it looks as though it's going to be a close-run thing!

Comment

i got it to make some Pictures. the sad Thing is, that the scabbard in complete in Chrom. No black colour on it. The owner has this sword for over 40 years, but no idea about this. How much will be the Price for an sword like this??? I must make an offer for it.
              Attached Files

Comment

next
                Attached Files

Comment

I would pay upto £350 for this model as I don't have one, with the scabbard chromed as it is I would pay under £250. I know people will disagree but I would spray the scabbard black and finish it with a clear spray lacquer. It will look almost right certainly better than a chromed scabbard, I am not aware of any reason for it to be chromed, but have come across bayonets, fighting knives and swords that have been post war chromed and fitted onto wooden plaques, often as a presentation gift to retiring soldiers etc.

Comment

I know that nickel scabbard was an option on WKC sword; In WKC sales catalogue, it says Sword with nickel sheath cost more than those with enamelled.
                    Perhaps Eickhorn had also made this type of option.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Aurel View Post
                      I know that nickel scabbard was an option on WKC sword; In WKC sales catalogue, it says Sword with nickel sheath cost more than those with enamelled.
                      OK. Anyone got an Eickhorn catalogue???

Comment

I have an Eickhorn catalogue, and no where that I'm aware of does it mention scabbard options. Sometimes, the chrome scabbards are attributed to non military orgs. like shooting clubs.
                        It's still a nice sword, and personally I wouldn't care about the scabbard, as I display my swords out of the scabbard. You can always as suggested, repaint it.

Comment

Looks to me that the paint has been buffed off the scabbard. The color suggests bright polished steel versus the 'softer' tone commonly seen on nickled scabbards.
                          The pics aren't the best but you can see the direction of the buffing by the reflected light off the scabbard body.
                          Also, Look carefully at where the drag is attached to the bottom of the scabbard. You can see the thin line of brass used to braze the pieces together during assembly. If it was nickled this brass brazing would be plated over and not visible.

Just some observations as I see them from the photos. In hand inspection would be best.

Tony
                          Last edited by Tiger 1; 09-10-2014, 07:58 AM.
                          An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Forgot to mention.
                            I had a nickle finished scabbard on an Eickhorn Scharnhorst model that I foolishly let get away in some cockamamy deal years ago. It was one of a very few factory nickled scabbards I have seen in over 45 years of collecting. One of my collecting regrets.

Tony
                            An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Aurel View Post
                              Scabbard is chrom- plated.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X