Wirt police dress bayonet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wirt police dress bayonet

Did find a wirt dress bayonet. Handle shut be ivory from what the seller did tell me, but can't confirm that. Just know its a hard material. Cut it be sanded smooth?
    Small polizei eagle looks a bit poor in details.
    And the ingraving looks like a "home made" job to me.

Any opinions? Or more info?

more pics

Comment

Repro police bayonet, with re-placed stag handle.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi

Comment

I agree. No good.

The firm's name and address as well as the trademark knight's head were applied using a rotary cutter instead of being die stamped as is proper on originals.

Tony
        An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

This bayonet is a reproduction & not something you should purchase. WKC reproductions are occasionally seen but many have better quality maker marks than this one, as observed this one looks like it was carved with a rotary tool. The grip plates are supposed to be stag, reproductions often have a grey-ish type wood. This one has some type of celluloid material which is definitely not ivory or period. The grip emblem, as you point out, is of poor detail & is a reproduction. The scabbard may be a period example. Maybe not. Either way, it shouldn't matter since the bayonet itself is completely a mock up.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the answers. Confirms a bit what i did think.
            Cut the base be real? (without the wirt white handles and poor ingraving)
            Or dus they all have makers stamps and division stamps?

(if i did understand well the stamps in the handle are division stamps. This one don't have any?)

And maybe have to clear something up. I did started with collecting replica third reich items (specialy the old high quality ones) Did not trust it to start with genuine ones. And i am a bit of a impulse buyer as well.
            I study the technique and proces that it takes to make them first.
            Its a good learning school

Comment

This bayonet can be "somewhat" similar to the original, although it is full of flaws.
              Usually "every" TR re-worked Police bayonet have a number of police units, along with letters that mark Police district.
              Some bayonets has only numbers.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi

Comment

Ok, did just find it on ioffer..sorry for waisting your time guys!

http://www.ioffer.com/i/german-ww2-p...gger-573007998

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X