Question about a diamond grip emblem on an HJ knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about a diamond grip emblem on an HJ knife

I have this HJ knife marked RZM M7/36 for E. F. Hörster. There is no motto on the blade. The diamond does not wiggle even a tiny bit. It is solid as a rock in there. The wear and patina matches the other parts of this well-used knife and the grip does not look to me to have been messed with in any way. Having said that, this is the only one of these that I own and I really don't know much about these knives. I'm considering selling or trading it and I want to be certain I am describing it accurately. Is there any indication in these photos that this is anything but an all-original, un-messed with knife? Thanks in advance for any opinions.
    Attached Files

More
    Attached Files

Comment

Rivets on back of grip. Thanks for looking.
      Attached Files

Comment

CWP,

The diamond in the griplate is a tight fitting one by the looks of it with no gaps at all round the edges therefore the daimond does not have the room to move, i have seen this many times on the later RZM hj knifes with no motto , its no big deal so do not worry about it, if i seen signs of glue at the edges then that would be a different case ! your knife is fine & genuine enough

Regards Mac 66.

Comment

The provision that ALL diamond insets on these daggers wiggle IMO doesn't stand up. I've handled several that wouldn't move. It's just one thing you have to take into account when evaluating one of these.
          Jim

Comment

Thanks very much.

Comment

Ii have the same knife by the same maker - doesn't move.

Comment

Original HJ knife . I agree with James M . The wiggle test is meaningless IMO .

Comment

Thanks for the further confirmation, that is very helpful.

Comment

No worries, just a nice original, tight fitting diamond. Not all of the diamonds wiggle. They are applied with two prongs on the rear and sometimes the prongs loosen up and sometimes they don't. I would buy this knife in a heartbeat.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X