Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eickhorn DLV dagger for review.

Hi guys,

first of all sorry for low resolution pics. Only ones i have for the moment.
    What do you think of this eickhorn DLV dagger?

Kind regards
    Attached Files

more
    Attached Files

Comment

dlv

hello
      sorry a BAD FAKE!
      best regards
      patrick

Comment

I agree.
        Not original.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi

Comment

Thank you for the input.
          Not my field of collecting so you guys prevent burned fingers

Comment

Good enough to fool the unsuspecting but definitely bad when compared to an original. Definitely stay away.

Comment

Actually, this is not a bad replica and could be easily modified to where no one, even an expert could tell it apart from an original. The ball on the scabbard bottom fitting requires some 'sculpturing'. The scabbard leather needs to be replaced to get rid of those 'grooves'. The leather on the handle might need replacing as well. Then there is the blade with the upside down TM which could easily be removed. No one would question a DLV knife without a maker mark. Making a hanger and attaching it is easy and straight forward. And, voila, you got an original DLV.

Comment

So if you altered or changed everything it would look like an original
                Easier to buy one!

Comment

Originally posted by nickn View Post
                  So if you altered or changed everything it would look like an original
                  Easier to buy one!

Comment

Well, if you are out looking for a DLV/NSFK for your collection I certainly would advise buying an original. No brainer here. But what if you already bought this one (under discussion) and can't return it?

Comment

Take it as a lesson learnt and hide it

Comment

Gee, why take a hit like that? Sell it to some unsuspecting sucker newbee for a profit?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X