Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paratrooper knife...fantasy or genuine?

Hi all-
    I only know of this knife from all the crap ones I see thrown around on flea market tables trying to be sold as genuine. I don't know if these were in fact a design and manufacture used during the Reich - or if it's purely a fantasy item. Below is a picture (best as I can obtain right now) of one that seems to have age, and seems better made than the junk ones.

But is it a fantasy piece or was this of true TR manufacture? I simply don't know, so pics are below. There does seem to be a maker mark on the blade which I've blown up as much as I can.

Thoughts? And if it is a genuine piece - what should be the cost of such a thing?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Just a fantasy piece, period.

Comment

I want to thank not only the member who replied here, but everyone who's always available to help with questions.

I attended the auction tonight for the party pin and this knife. The party pin was real, as verified by several forum members, and I bought it. $50, and it's in very good shape

This fantasy knife? Sold for over $155.00 and was presented as real. I warned several people off it before the auction, but apparently to no avail.

Comment

These are well known FAKES They are known as"SS Streifendienst pantograph knives " Pure Fantasy!

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Ward View Post
          These are well known FAKES They are known as"SS Streifendienst pantograph knives " Pure Fantasy!
          Exactly correct. They first appeared on the market in the early 70's.......and I mean flea markets !!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X