Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS-man identyfikation

Gentlemen,
    I will be grateful for your help in identifying the ss-owner of this dagger.

Regards
    Jakub
    Attached Files

Number 4429 belonged to SS Ustuf. Kurt Rosanelli

Last edited by J. M. C.; 08-28-2014, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim's Militaria View Post
      Number 4429 belonged to SS Ustuf. Kurt Rosanelli

Thanks

Comment

Hi Jakub,

I agree that this piece bears the SS Membership Number of Kurt Rosanelli. The dagger itself was part of the original distribution of the M-33 SS Daggers and it was supplied through the SS Distribution Center in Berlin. But the scabbard is that of an SS M-36 Chained Dagger, which probably means that Rosanelli purchased the new scabbard when it came into service and ceased using the original scabbard that came with his dagger. This was not unusual for the time, bearing in mind that the original M-33 daggers were created for all ranks of uniformed SS members, enlisted as well as officers, but with the advent of the Chained Officer's Dagger, many SS officers obtained the new scabbard -- in order to make the visible distinction that they were officers and NOT enlisted men!

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
          Hi Jakub,

I agree that this piece bears the SS Membership Number of Kurt Rosanelli. The dagger itself was part of the original distribution of the M-33 SS Daggers and it was supplied through the SS Distribution Center in Berlin. But the scabbard is that of an SS M-36 Chained Dagger, which probably means that Rosanelli purchased the new scabbard when it came into service and ceased using the original scabbard that came with his dagger. This was not unusual for the time, bearing in mind that the original M-33 daggers were created for all ranks of uniformed SS members, enlisted as well as officers, but with the advent of the Chained Officer's Dagger, many SS officers obtained the new scabbard -- in order to make the visible distinction that they were officers and NOT enlisted men!

Cheers,

Br. James
          You've got a point
          Attached Files

Comment

He is listed in the SS-Dienstalterslistes for 1936, 1937 and 1938. He has a SS Officer File and a Race & Settlement File in the National Archives. Contact me for more information.

Enjoy!

RossK

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X