No announcement yet.

My Dagger collection and a question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian, My example has brass based hilt fittings and scabbard. Kevin.

P.S. attached is a pic of my slant grip WKC...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by heers68; 08-24-2014, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BROBS View Post
      what all on the WKC would be based in brass? I tried a magnet on the scabbard toward the tip while the blade was out, and it barely stuck to it.. but I wonder if the steel guides inside would have an effect??

Does anyone have a picture of a slant grip WKC grip to compare? This one sure seems to have slants to me.. I guess I don't know what I'm looking for? What exactly defines "slant grip" ?

Sorry for the questions I just would like to know for my own knowledge.

I really like the Tiger as well.. not just the grip but the blade is perfect, and the patina is so perfectly even and dark all over, you can really tell that this one was never cleaned or polished in any way!

Thanks for the compliments.
      -Brian
      Brian here’s a WKC slant grip with the WKC Type-1 crossguard - The cameo is a picture of the Vet that returned the dagger the dagger was purchased from his daughter.
      Attached Files

Comment

My dagger and Hewer collection

Comment

Originally posted by heers68 View Post
          Brian, My example has brass based hilt fittings and scabbard. Kevin.

P.S. attached is a pic of my slant grip WKC...
          Didn’t notice Kevin had already posted a Pic or I wouldn’t have posted mine

Comment

So is this the "slant" that you are talking about? The angle of the lines on the grip?
            I thought it was whether the center section of stripes came to a point at the surface of the grip?

I hope you don't mind me using your photo for illustrative purposes.
            So is this what makes a "slant grip"? This angle??

thanks,
            -Brian
            Attached Files

Comment

Brian:

Yes, it is the slant of the grip grooves.

John

Comment

Brian
                Yes Sir that is correct - The slant is the initial grip type used by producers in 35 they quickly transitioned away from them sometime in 36 would be my guess. So slant grip = Early production army

So is this the "slant" that you are talking about? The angle of the lines on the grip?
                I thought it was whether the center section of stripes came to a point at the surface of the grip?

thanks,
                -Brian

Comment

thanks,
                  -Brian
                  The material of dagger grip.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi

Comment

Originally posted by Schlange View Post
                    The material of dagger grip.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi

Interesting position you take on this topic. Slant, to me, relates to angle not composition. What aspect of the material would lead one to refer to it as a "slant" grip?

Regards,
                    Stu

Comment

Originally posted by WW2-Collector View Post
                      Brian
                      Yes Sir that is correct - The slant is the initial grip type used by producers in 35 they quickly transitioned away from them sometime in 36 would be my guess. So slant grip = Early production army
                      Right... I did understand about the early production, however I misunderstood what to look for as a 'slant'. I thought it was referring to if the thin ridges of the grip were pointed rather than rounded!! (Which I have noticed seems to be the case on many early grips) I am very glad to be set straight.

Thanks for comments.. I can't imagine how the material of the grip would have anything to do with it?
                      - Brian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X