Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New SS Blade Maker Mark

Hello all,

I recently picked up this SS Transitional Dagger with a Robert Klaas double maker mark. After showing this to a fellow collector and expert in the field, it is believe to be original. However, we have yet to find another example of this type and wanted to know what you all thought.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I'm not convinced with this dagger. Very uncommon to see a transitional TM with the additional big RZM in a circle. Also the tang looks re worked and a uncommon tang mark. Same for the E W guards,the grip surface ( finish) The area of the runes button looks also off.etc

Comment

The guards are aluminum. Interesting!

Comment

Aluminum?
                    With such oxidation?

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi

Comment

Yes these guards are definatley aluminum. Not uncommon on aluminum

Comment

Purely as a technical curiosity I would like to know if these particular cross guards are heavier or lighter than the nickel silver ones? That's because while zinc as a standard matter was nickel plated, most or many of the aluminum cross guards were clear anodized. Which is not to say that aluminum can't be plated, but it was more of a challenge. With another similar pair that I've seen and "E" "W" marked, sand cast with some breaks in the plating showing a gray color. FP

Comment

much much lighter than neusilber guards. Appears to be no plating whatsoever.

Comment

The CHA tang mark is not that uncommon. It is the mark of Carl August Hartkopf a drop forge smithy that provided forged blade blanks to the cutlery trade in solingen. Various companies final finished the blades and assembled them into complete daggers. You will often find this mark on Eickhorn SA daggers on both standard and damascus Honor blades.

Aluminum crossguards can also be found on some NPEA daggers.

Tony
                            An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger 1 View Post
                              The CHA tang mark is not that uncommon. It is the mark of Carl August Hartkopf a drop forge smithy that provided forged blade blanks to the cutlery trade in solingen. Various companies final finished the blades and assembled them into complete daggers. You will often find this mark on Eickhorn SA daggers on both standard and damascus Honor blades.

Aluminum crossguards can also be found on some NPEA daggers.

Tony
                              I agree, I, after looking, found this mark present on quite a few pieces.

I've never seen aluminum guards on an M33 like this, but I know they exist and I've heard of others with aluminum guards from this same maker with the same transitional mark. Love to see such unique variations like this piece. And interestingly, despite how "rare" this one is, it still would never bring the money of an early Boker haha. And theres no lifting or peeling with these guards!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X