HJ Knife scabbard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Knife scabbard

Hi, all. Help, please. I got (for free) a scabbard for an HJ knife, I think. My father gave it to me, it was at a friend's house in a junk drawer with a crappy old hunting knife in it, (no HJ ). She said "take it, or throw it out" when he expressed interest in it. He had seen one of mine, so thought it looked familiar in shape. Good eye, he doesn't collect this stuff!

It is virtually identical to an original I have, (E.Pack & Sohn), except for a few details.

It has very good paint, with some rust toward the obverse botom. There is some rust veining below the paint, indicating age, I would think. The EP&S is unpainted raw steel from the factory, so no comparison is possible.

The leather is in superb condition. The rivet which forms the belt loop is more toward the middle, making the "loop" part smaller. The snap button is enamelled, but rusty. (my original has a cross or flower type pattern stamped in.) One rivet head is missing connecting to the scabbard.
    The loop with snap is riveted to the inside of the loop, unlike the original, which makes it difficult to snap when I insert my knife in the scabbard, the loop is a little short because of the "belt loop" section being between the loop and knife handle.

Now I need another HJ knife without scabbard, I guess!

The pics show, left to right,a cheap repro, the one in question, and EP&S original.

Thanks,

Jeff

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
X