SVT-40 Bayonets--Why So Costly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SVT-40 Bayonets--Why So Costly?

Recently, I decided that I would obtain a bayonet to go with my SVT-40 rifle. After pricing a few blades, I just cannot believe how much an SVT blade is selling for, in some cases, the darn blade costs more than what I had paid for my rifle. Why are these bayonets so expensive?

Roy,

I can't even find one for sale. Where are you finding them for sale. The last one I saw was with a rifle at a local gun show and someone had polished the blade and the guy still wanted almost $1300.00 for the combo.

respectfully,
    jeff
    Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Hello Jeff,

I had been surfing ebay, and even checked with some of the classifieds on Gunboards.Com for some prices. Some of the cheaper ones I have found have been around $255.00. I've even seen a few as high as $375.00.

Comment

Hi Roy,

I never go on e-bay, and have never tried the other site as well. A friend who collects bayonets told me some of these were imported in the 60's, but it must not have been that many. Good luck finding one.
        respectfully,
        jeff

Comment

Roy,

The rifle itself can be had with relative ease, keep in mind that most of these were Finnish captures and the prices will reflect a captured piece as opposed to an untouched russian and the same applies to the bayonet. You can tell easily but the bayos are more rare, and will command a premium price but unless you want one that is not a capture, you should be able to find one for about 250.00.

Jarrid

Comment

Hi Jarrid,

By far the easiest svt 40 rifle to find is the russian ones that were imported a few years back, these are not finnish marked capture guns. Those SA marked rifles are not nearly as easy to find.
            respectfully,
            jeff

Comment

Originally posted by J. VanHofwegen
              Hi Jarrid,

By far the easiest svt 40 rifle to find is the russian ones that were imported a few years back, these are not finnish marked capture guns. Those SA marked rifles are not nearly as easy to find.
              respectfully,
              jeff
              J.

I apologize, I meant to say non import as well. They are rare.

Thank you,

Jarrid

Comment

Hi Roy, here is mine which is a arsenal refinished example. If you want one like this, either the early pattern scabbard as shown here, or the later pattern, drop me a line as I might be able to help?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Svt 38

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
                  Hi Roy, here is mine which is a arsenal refinished example. If you want one like this, either the early pattern scabbard as shown here, or the later pattern, drop me a line as I might be able to help?

Cheers, Ade.

Adrian,

I have a non- import, non- arsenal refinished Vet. bringback SVT38 do you ever run into the proper bayonet for this rifle?

Thanks,
                  Robert

Comment

Hi Robert, no ,sadly these are very rare over here too. But it is something I will certainly keep my eyes open for as I lack one in my collection too. I recall the pics of your rifle Robert

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

How are the captured ones marked? I have a '41 SVT40 that has been arsenal refinished. No visible import markings but I have removed the stock yet. Ebay has a lot of bayos for it but the prices get stupid quick!

Comment

receiver

Originally posted by Svt40
                        How are the captured ones marked? I have a '41 SVT40 that has been arsenal refinished. No visible import markings but I have removed the stock yet. Ebay has a lot of bayos for it but the prices get stupid quick!
                        Hi,
                        Take a peek at the receiver scope rail on the right side of the rifle, it should have a VERY small stamped importer marking there, its the only way I have seen them to date being marked.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Zimkas
                          Hi,
                          Take a peek at the receiver scope rail on the right side of the rifle, it should have a VERY small stamped importer marking there, its the only way I have seen them to date being marked.

Robert
                          The captured rifles will have penciled serial numbers and some parts will be blued and such, then the imports can have both the import mark and refurb parts as well as pencilled serial #s and sa cartouche.

The nicest one I had was a 41 svt-40 matching stock, bolt, clip and all asnd no import marks with standard serial #s. Hard to find them like that. you can buy original scopes and mounts as well, they say only 50k had the rail for the scope but appears to be more, you can see these as snipers at shows for crazy #s like 2900.00 or better, nice thing about them is thier easier to eyeball as opposed to some other firearms.

Good Luck,
                          Jarrid

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Queen
                            the darn blade costs more than what I had paid for my rifle. Why are these bayonets so expensive?
                            Roy arent we fortunate that they didnt make the SA or SS dagger mountable on a rifle! The commonly found SA and SS daggers can be bought day in day out. ;-)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X