Need some info about this item. thank you
    Attached Files

pics

pics
    Attached Files

Comment

I am highly suspect on this one.

Comment

Original German dress bayonet (Puma Solingen?), with post-war inserted pin in the bayonet grip.
        Bayonet frog is repro.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi

Comment

Originally posted by Schlange View Post
          Original German dress bayonet (Puma Solingen?), with post-war inserted pin in the bayonet grip.
          Bayonet frog is repro.

Schlange

Agree 100% frog is not for KS98 shown but combat frog for s84/98 and would agree repo. timothy

Comment

Bayonet

Is the bayonet orginal?

Comment

The original KS98 bayonet has now been ruined by putting an insignia, which does not belong there, in the grip. It is now a fake made to deceive.

Comment

Hello,

yes the dress-bayonet - Extra-Seitengewehr - is original. But the plade on the grips is a repro. If this is clued... you can remove it with any damage.

The frog is a copy with wrong stamp.

The production of Extra-Seitengewehre was stoped in 1943.

Regards

Comment

As the others have said a fake frog and a modified to fake bayonet. But where I have a question is with the Extra-Seitengewehre production stopping in 1943. And that is because the relativity scarce in terms of numbers 1942 dated RZM items appear to have stopped probably earlier in 1942 rather than later. And the early 1942 combat bayonets began the year being reasonably well made. But that soon changed well before the end of the year. And other Wehrmacht items in general also saw a decline in manufacturing standards. Which of course does not preclude leftover inventory being sold in 1943 - but brand new production for off duty wear? FP

Comment

Thanks for the answer

Comment

Originally posted by Frogprince View Post
                      As the others have said a fake frog and a modified to fake bayonet. But where I have a question is with the Extra-Seitengewehre production stopping in 1943. And that is because the relativity scarce in terms of numbers 1942 dated RZM items appear to have stopped probably earlier in 1942 rather than later. And the early 1942 combat bayonets began the year being reasonably well made. But that soon changed well before the end of the year. And other Wehrmacht items in general also saw a decline in manufacturing standards. Which of course does not preclude leftover inventory being sold in 1943 - but brand new production for off duty wear? FP
                      Yep, all the dress balde are stoped production during 1942, because shortages of materials, like nickel and copper.

Schlange

Last edited by Schlange; 07-07-2014, 06:30 AM.

Comment

The Produktion if daggers and dress bayontes were stoped by order of 1943.
                        If i stay at home i gave a look for the File number and date

regards

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepwalker View Post
                          The Produktion if daggers and dress bayontes were stoped by order of 1943.
                          If i stay at home i gave a look for the File number and date

regards
                          Sleepwalker, By all means please show the order as an interesting fact to add to the overall data base. But I know from my own time in the military that some orders are written after the fact to confirm what was already being done in the field. Or as it regarded specific equipment etc. etc. confirming what is expected in the future after the changes had already been made.

With one TR period item that comes to mind (but unfortunately not in front of me) an order that was to discontinue combat bayonets in 1944. Which it seems would not have made much difference anyway with a late 1944 bombing that destroyed much of Solingen (but not completely with a very few 1945 dated combat bayonets still being manufactured).

But more to the point here: Besides some other earlier publications and announcements restricting certain materials, and even cutting down materials allocations for military production. At the beginning of 1941 a publication was prepared (but not at that time issued) for the RFSS - Himmler advising that the SS Degens were no longer going to be awarded because of the war. And then being published in the middle of 1942 - stating that it would not have mattered anyway because swords were no longer available because of steel quotas. Best Regards, FP

Comment

Originally posted by timothy downum View Post
                            Agree 100% frog is not for KS98 shown but combat frog for s84/98 and would agree repo. timothy
                            +

Comment

Hello,

the Order is from 27. Mai 1943 ( source: Heeresverordnungsblatt 1943, Nr. 468 "Einstellung der Fertigung von blanken Seitenwaffen", O.K.H. (Ch H RĂ¼st u. BdE), 27.05.43, - 64 a 10.12 - Abt Bkl (IIIa) )

Since this time only service bayontes and fireweapons hab to be produced.

The produktion of all kind of daggers, dress bayontes and sabers was vorbidden.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The stopp of the producing of service bayontes is a different thing and was a result of a "workshop" of the Sonderkommission Infanteriewaffen 30. Oktober - 01. November 1944.
                              The Production of the S84/98 and the S42 had to be stoppes.
                              In place of this fighting kinves and pistols had to be given to the troops.

The 1945 marked last S84/98 IMO are only a overquantity out of the maker stocks. The most makers stopped in 1944.

Regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X