Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA dagger blade - need help !

Hello !

Looking for opinions about this SA dagger blade ! Any red flags to deal with it ?

Best regards.
    Alex
    Attached Files

Marking
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks not good to me . The maker is the Tiegelwerk .Tiegel SA-daggers are very rare.I have an authentic blade with the full maker .Look at the " Z " in the rzm-maker at yours , i miss the line !

It's only my opinion . Regards.

Comment

it may be the angle of the pic, but it appears to me that the motto is not alligned correctly on the blade.
        It looks like it drops a little from left to right.
        I once had a copy of an SS dagger, it had the same "flaw"

regards,
        ben

Comment

I have to say that the RZM mark bothers me as well. While there are probably makers that did not apply the seriff to the "Z", I thought this maker did. Comparison photos anyone?
          Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

I saw this dagger on a site Wittman with number 008, really hi sells copies?
            http://www.wwiidaggers.com/SAEML.htm

Comment

i can see absolutly no wronf with this blade!!!

Comment

Alex - It almost appears this was a test for us. Only after questions about it surfaced is the seller revealed. I do not collect RZM marked SA's, and like others have an easier time authenticating maker marked blades over simple etches on RZM pieces. That said, it appears fine although the blade has slight graying.
                Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

My error, I thought it was Wittmann's. Blade still looks OK to me.

Comment

What a mess! Aparently Mack Eickelnberg and Karl Tiegel both shared M7/81. Now the question would be who made it and whether or not that manufacturer used a serriff on the "Z". Unfortunately the photo is gone from Wittmann's site and I can't find a photo of this RZM mark in any of my reference books. It may be just the flash, but something in the crossgraining makes me want to see a comparison photo before I'd give it a thumbs up. How about maybe a photo of the entire blade, including the tang?
                    Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

From these photos , THE blade is OK.......John

Comment

tobau: If you have a dagger with the full trademark of "Tiegelwerk", could you please post a photo. I have not seen an SA with the early TM.

Comment

Hello Dons , in the moment i can't post , about i am a new member and new member can't post photos .

When i am a assocation member , then i will post it.
                          Regards.

Comment

Tobau - Send me a PM with your email and I will post it for you.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X