Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dress Bayonet Knot/Troddel ?

Hi Guys,

I,m not to sure if i can use this Knot on my Dress Bayonet, are these for swords only ?, any help is appreciated, Thanks.

Regards Mac 66.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I only saw these type of knot on the sabre.
      (TR photos.)

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/albumi
      Last edited by Schlange; 05-16-2014, 10:01 AM.

Comment

A standard Portepee for Army Officers. If it is the small size it could be used on a short KS98 bayonet but they were normally used on swords.

Comment

Originally posted by SCHUPO View Post
          A standard Portepee for Army Officers. If it is the small size it could be used on a short KS98 bayonet but they were normally used on swords.
          Thanks SCHUPO,

What is the correct size for a Bayonet portapee ?

i,ll ask the seller what the size is of this one shown.

Regards Mac 66.

Comment

This style of Portepee came in a large and a smaller size. The small size is the same size as the Faustriemen (with the plain leather strap) that was typically worn on bayonets. Typically, the small Portepee had two lines of aluminum stitching on the strap, like the one you show, while the larger Portepee typically had three lines of stitching.

Officers could wear a private purchase short KS98 with this knot but generally did not do so after introduction of the Heer Officer Dagger. You will sometimes see photos of Officers wearing the bayonet with the small Offizier Portepee however. Senior NCOs (Unteroffizier mit Portepee) could also wear this knot.

I hope this is helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by SCHUPO View Post
              This style of Portepee came in a large and a smaller size. The small size is the same size as the Faustriemen (with the plain leather strap) that was typically worn on bayonets. Typically, the small Portepee had two lines of aluminum stitching on the strap, like the one you show, while the larger Portepee typically had three lines of stitching.

Officers could wear a private purchase short KS98 with this knot but generally did not do so after introduction of the Heer Officer Dagger. You will sometimes see photos of Officers wearing the bayonet with the small Offizier Portepee however. Senior NCOs (Unteroffizier mit Portepee) could also wear this knot.

I hope this is helpful.

Hi SCHUPO,

Thanks for your helpful information on the types of portapee & there uses, makes it clearer for me to understand which one can be used on a dress bayonet ect.

Regards Mac 66.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X