F. Dick Sa Dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F. Dick Sa Dagger

I need some hep on this dagger. The scarrab looks to be repainted and not in the best shape.
    Is the dagger original or just another repro.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

nobody that can tell me more about this piece.

Comment

scabbards been redone, not sure it it's painted are what but it's all in poor shape. little collector value there.
          www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

I don't think this is a repro, but it may well be a parts dagger. The wooden grip does not appear to snugly fit the crossguards, and the crossguards are from a very early example of the SA M-33 Dagger. The wooden grip looks like it may have been refinished and/or polished, as the cracks and chips thereon seem to be blended into the deep, rich color of the basic wood. And the condition of the blade is concerning: it appears that the blade was heavily stained many years ago and someone has made an effort to polish out the effects of the staining, thereby removing most of the highlighting of the blade's motto. But the blade's condition is very different from that of the crossguards, which look like they're in near-pristine condition, and this makes me suspicious that this piece is the results of more than one original piece! Hope these thoughts are helpful.

Br. James

Comment

Thanks gents for the reply that is some good info James. I will pass on this one i dont want a parts dagger.

The price was a fraction compared to others sa daggers but with this info i will look for a better one.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X