2nd Model Railway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Model Railway

I managed to snaffle this from Bill Shae. The description and pics are from his website.

Second Model Railway Dagger by Eickhorn
    Rare offering with hilt fittings showing light to moderate use. The pommel cap, upper and lower hilt fittings are polished aluminum and remain in excellent condition. The crossguard with correct dimple flaw is made of steel and retains approximately 20% of its original finish. The black celluloid handle is in perfect condition. The scabbard is a thing of beauty, as the finish is totally intact and it has a high polished mirror appearance. The blade is choice with no detractions at all. The factory cross graining is evident and the 1935 - 1941 Eickhorn squirrel logo still has handsome burnishing. The black pebbled leather washer is in place in the recesses of the crossguard. Overall near excellent condition!
    Attached Files

Another pic..........
    Attached Files

Comment

Further pictures...
      Attached Files

Comment

Blade picture.....
        Attached Files

Comment

Makers mark pic.....
          Attached Files

Comment

Last one.......
            Attached Files

Comment

Great dagger Ted. I have never seen one of those in the flesh before. Thanks, Eric

Comment

Kiwi:

Congrats.

I, too, bought my railway dagger from Bill. I was at a show, the SOS, I think, and was wandering around on the last day looking but not able to buy anything since I had spent all my spare cash the day before.

There was this beauty of an RR dagger, by Eickhorn, my favourite fabricator, when I noticed a VISA sign on Bill's table... I said to Bill, I have no more cash, but I do have a VISA card, and the rest is history, as they say.

John
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JohnZ View Post
                  Kiwi:

Congrats.

I, too, bought my railway dagger from Bill. I was at a show, the SOS, I think, and was wandering around on the last day looking but not able to buy anything since I had spent all my spare cash the day before.

There was this beauty of an RR dagger, by Eickhorn, my favourite fabricator, when I noticed a VISA sign on Bill's table... I said to Bill, I have no more cash, but I do have a VISA card, and the rest is history, as they say.

John

Nice!! You got the portapee as well. I don't want to take this thread in a different direction, BUT - I keep a weather eye on feedback about the big names and big dealers. Bill is one of the few who seems not to have attracted any regular criticism about his blades. Criticism about his prices, Yes. But not about his integrity. I'm very comfortable purchasing from him. Just an aside....back to looking at the pics!
                  Cheers
                  Ted

Comment

beautiful ted; just need the portepee and hangers now

I don't collect much outside SS blades but these have always been attractive!

Comment

Horster marketed the 2nd railway, too.
                      Horster offer to supply letter is courtesy of Doug Gow of NZ, who kindly sent me a copy several years back.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Tm
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
                          Horster marketed the 2nd railway, too.
                          Horster offer to supply letter is courtesy of Doug Gow of NZ, who kindly sent me a copy several years back.
                          Wow! I know Doug well. Too bloke. I've brought a few items from him. He's a VERY knowledgable guy.

That's a fine piece!

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Baron View Post
                            beautiful ted; just need the portepee and hangers now

I don't collect much outside SS blades but these have always been attractive!

Well Billy, I needed one to sit alongside my First Pattern! It was looking lonely.

Comment

RR Early Horster

Horster also made an early silver model 2nd Mod. Railway. I have only seen one in all my years in this hobby and its still with the veteran's family.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X