Alcoso Police Bayonet???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcoso Police Bayonet???

I've had this bayonet in my collection for decades and not exactly sure what it is. I believe it may be a Alcoso s84/98 police bayonet but not sure...just a guess. The only markings are the Alcoso maker on the ricasso and what appears to be an eagle on the back of the blade. What kind of bayonet is this and what kind of eagle marking is that on the back of the blade. Also what is the average value of these types of bayonets in this condition? I'm pretty certain I also have the bayonet frog stored away as well. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Yes, it appears to be a commercial Alcoso Police S84/98. These properly do not have military WaA markings and were commercial blued. The blade spine mark is a Police inspection marking but I can't read the letter under the eagle wing... is it an L? No serial numbers on the blade or scabbard as is correct.

Comment

Thanks! I looked under slight magnification and I don't believe it's an L. If anything, it looks like it could possibly be a B with the same horizontal orientation as the eagle but the rounded portions of each loop would be pointed vice rounded, more like two triangles. It's very hard to see but then again I don't have very good magnification.

Comment

Very nice ACS bayonet for police. congratulation. Looks like late 193x period.Looks like the eagle proof on spine was stamped twice or moved to side, it could be letter C or B too. See under magnifying glass when possible.

Comment

I'll get a good magnifying glass a take a close look. Here is a not so good pic that I heavily zoomed in which distorts the eagle but maybe a better look at the letter. It kind of looks like it may have been double-stamped as you mentioned but I really can't tell until I get a good magnifying glass.

Comment

Nice Alcoso police contract bayonet I have one almost identical I have found these are much harder to find than s84/98 regular Waa armed forces marked bayonets. timothy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X