Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Wood Grip Knife

Hi folks,

I have the opportunity to purchase this knife, the blade and scabbard I believe are 100% right. I'm also confident that the grip is period due to the patina and wear, but of course with anything like this I want to get some second opinions.
    I managed to get some photos but the one of the diamond blurred. So no close up of that I'm afraid.
    RZM is 7/29.

All help is much appreciated.
    Attached Files

I cropped one of the shots to get as good a view of the diamond

Comment

The quillion is broken, enamel on the hj emblem is chipped and the grip plates are replaced. Grips may have been replaced a long time ago , but they aren't original to the knife. A filler at best, personally I'd pass on it.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
        the quillion is broken, enamel on the hj emblem is chipped and the grip plates are replaced. Grips may have been replaced a long time ago , but they aren't original to the knife. A filler at best, personally i'd pass on it.
        +1

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
          The quillion is broken, enamel on the hj emblem is chipped and the grip plates are replaced. Grips may have been replaced a long time ago , but they aren't original to the knife. A filler at best, personally I'd pass on it.
          +2, my sentiments exactly.

Comment

I have an "issue" one, but I quite liked this for what it is and for the price, I just wanted to make sure the diamond and blade were right.

Comment

Originally posted by JC ESQ. View Post
              I have an "issue" one, but I quite liked this for what it is and for the price, I just wanted to make sure the diamond and blade were right.
              Blade is genuine but not sure of the diamond insignia.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac 66 View Post
                Blade is genuine but not sure of the diamond insignia.
                Thanks for your help, there's no rush so I'll have a think on it.

Comment

Im not impressed with the grip or diamond .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X