Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st pattern Luft dagger for your review

Eickhorn made. thank you

Looks like a dark beauty! I love em like this!! Kevin.

Comment

Nice one...hidden under a lot of vergigris! Interesting to see two knots; I wonder whether the larger one might be a later addition? Never seen anything like the smaller knot -- possibly a regimental award? I like it very much.

Br. James

Comment

Early one hard to tell if the grip is triple wire wrapped or single, should have a nickel chain looks to have a connector repair. The small knot may be a watch fob? hard to find trademark.

Comment

patina looks good ,but, what is condition of scabbard ?..seems upper fitting is dented somewhat ..leather ok ,etc?...like those early "UNCLEANED" specimens , ... EC

Comment

here are a few pics in hand... it is a three wire and the scabbard has a few dings and scratches, blade has small insertion marks but is otherwise untouched. what maker does the number 20 signify, and does that small portepee belong here or what is it? thank you

Comment

I would say the extra port is a Baverian Imperial era watch fob... The dagger looks to be a nice salty Eick with an inventory number applied to the fitting by the Unit that had it in there supply to sign out. Looks like the scabbard was releathered at some point..GREAT patina!! Kevin.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X