Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping swords from USA to UK

Hi Guys,
    I've bought plenty of German daggers from the USA and had them shipped over with out problems with all sorts of fancy descriptions other than nazi dagger,but never a swordcan anyone post their experiences of purchasing swords and having them shipped over to England...PM me if your feeling shy

Thanks in advance
    Bob

Bob,

this might help: https://www.gov.uk/import-controls-on-offensive-weapons

Regards Mac 66.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac 66 View Post
      Bob,

this might help: https://www.gov.uk/import-controls-on-offensive-weapons

Regards Mac 66.
      Thanks Mac,
      but I'm thinking on valuations & descriptions than what's legal,as I said I've imported daggers so I know its OK to import these items..I just never have the shipper put Dagger on the box

Cheers
      Bob

Comment

An update on the importation of swords from the USA to the UK.

After 8 days sitting in customs I finally received a letter from the UK border agency.
        Turns out they are not interested in the fact its a dress sword more the fact that they thought the parcel was undervalued.
        I've now filled in their forms to their satisfaction...hopefully,and sent them off.,I'll have to wait now for them to get the letter back,work out the robber fees they want to charge me,then send me another letter with said fees,pay them,then I'll get my sword.

The moral of the story,don't try to be to clever with your valuations when it comes to swords,there big items and they attract attention

On the plus side, looks like your OK to buy that sword you fancy without fear of having it impounded/seized

Best regards
        Bob

Comment

It should be classed as an antique/collectables and you should only pay vat at a reduced rate of 4% (I think it's 4)
          There's no import duty
          Customs will try and charge tax and vat

Comment

Thanks Nick,I'll just have to wait till i get their letter.
            So i suppose there will be the parcelforce robber charge of £13.00 for pressing a button on top..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X