Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Letter opener Sword

Hi all

I was not sure that this was the right place to post, but I am sure someone here can help. This is a mini Sword letter opener, that is marked with the Eickhorn Squirrel. It is also marked Germany on the other side of the blade, which leads me to believe it is either pre or post WW2. It is very detailed and has some age patina to it. Please let me know if you can identify it and when it was probably produced...
    Thanks
    Charlie

Here is a photo showing the length. It is larger than most of the small letter opener swords I have. It is Approx 10.5 inches, or 26.5 cm.

Thanks
    Charlie

Comment

This is a miniature Model 1902 US Army Officer Saber. These have been manufactured from 1902 until today. That is a wartime Eickhorn mark so clearly they were not exporting these to the US during the war. It appears to be postwar production from what I can see.

Comment

Thanks for the help. Are these swords common. This is the most detailed and best made I have seen. The etching on the blade is excellent. Do they have much value?

Thanks
        Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by cerick1450 View Post
          Thanks for the help. Are these swords common. This is the most detailed and best made I have seen. The etching on the blade is excellent. Do they have much value?

Thanks
          Charlie
          They sell for around $40 - $50 in the US.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X