Teno Hewer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teno Hewer

This came out of the woodwork yesterday. Clattering about in a box of really worn and damaged general garage crud. I must admit my heart raced, it was a fun find.
    All my time in the hobby I've never owned one myself and wondered why indeed they fetch such high amounts and are so saught after. Well I can tell now as they are impressive in hand and I love the clunk it gives going home in to the scabbard.
    Well one problem guys, its denazified clean ground off. Bummer. However I'm sure its still fit for someone's collection on a budget or a collector of denazified daggers/badges as , I've never seen one of these denazified and cant find any previous threads about such.
    Then there is the scabbard, hopefully that's going to come in handy for someone and the grip plates.
    My question is should I part it out or sell it as is? Plus what would a fair price be? I see Johnson has a scabbard for sale at $950, I'm not looking for anywhere like that for the entire thing.
    I hate taking daggers apart but I did very carefully remove the grip plates to check they were correctly Eickhorn marked, and they are.
    The blade has been sharpened at one point, black leather washer is there and has been forever.
    Opinions and remarks welcome, thanks,
    Jon
    Attached Files

Lots of pics to follow so sit back!
    Inside the grips, marked correctly.
    Attached Files

Comment

and some more plus the black leather washer...
      Attached Files

Comment

Forgotten how hard photographing plated daggers was!
        Here you can see inside the grip area..
        Attached Files

Comment

Simplistic in construction but very effective in appearance these hewers!
          Attached Files

Comment

It's now safely back together
            And here can be seen the scabbard number, although the blade is missing the number, probably ground off.
            Attached Files

Comment

Tried my best but the lighting was tough...
              Attached Files

Comment

Scabbard is in nice shape, just the age spidering really and 98% paint left I'm sure.
                Attached Files

Comment

nice find Jon.

shame it's been denazified but i'd still have it my collection.

cheers, del.

Comment

Cool eagle head...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Slight silver lifting but nothing to be concerned about. Mostly its there in place. Here is the tiny missing part that has probably removed 3/4 of the value...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Still displays great though.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Del, it was a thrill to salvage her, now eventually to find a collector to cherish her, a few opinions around a suitable collectors price or if I should part out to help more than 1 collector, appreciated. I think I would rather sell it as it is.

Comment

imho would be nice to keep it together Jon but you may get more parting it out. would be a shame though.

cheers, del.

Comment

Excellent pictures, Jon. The number, 10009 is late in the range of these daggers. Perhaps offer it as found in the first instance? Would give the collector on a budget the chance of owning an otherwise unobtainable rare dagger.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X