DJ, BDM, HJ, or COMMERICAL MARKET???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DJ, BDM, HJ, or COMMERICAL MARKET???

Hello folks. A fresh find from this week's flea market. It seems that there's a lot of debate surrounding these little knives. On the one hand, some folks are marketing them as BDM, or DJ knives, or "late", HJ knives...It seems that there's a lot of discourse, but no real solid evidence one way or the other. As I HAVE, in the past, come across another example of this knife in a larger lot of absolutely original, period, and vet-estate acquired TR blades, (see picture 3), I do believe that it's a pre-45 mfg'd piece, but used by which particular organization, and / or was it simply a "generic" commercially available "all purpose" knife for the young'uns? It's plainly obvious from its size that it was NOT meant for an adults hand... A few pix below, and appreciate any informative comments. Thank you.
    Attached Files

3, Group photo of vet estate dagger lot w/ identical "HJ / DJ / BDM" type knife at the bottom...
    Attached Files

Comment

Apparently the jury is REALLY still out on these, if I can't garner any input. Since my last one also came from a vet lot, I'm going to go with the presumption that they are in fact, wartime produced pieces, however whether or not for the DJ, HJ, or BDM, perhaps we'll never know specifically.

Comment

Milton,

Did you read this thread ?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=606446

Regards Mac 66.

Comment

Originally posted by Milton View Post
          Apparently the jury is REALLY still out on these, if I can't garner any input. Since my last one also came from a vet lot, I'm going to go with the presumption that they are in fact, wartime produced pieces, however whether or not for the DJ, HJ, or BDM, perhaps we'll never know specifically.
          Versions of German DJ knives (M 1944), with no HJ pin on handle, was produced (or someone bought), for the Ustasha NDH youth.
          These knives has also, pointed tip.
          Knives for export?

Regards
          Rancid66
          Last edited by Rancid66; 10-03-2013, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Thanks gents. I will have a look at that thread. Both examples of this knife that I've acquired have come directly from WWII vet lots, so I'm relatively comfortable w/ my assumption that they're wartime produced items, however I'm curious as to exactly WHICH organization used them in particular, or if it was in all reality, a more or less "generic" type of youth knife. Thx.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X