marine chained nskk dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marine chained nskk dagger

did the heilbig firm made the chained marine nskk dagger whit a steel base?

/fredrik

I don´t think so ;-)

Ostmaerker

Comment

But the Helbig firm did make sa and ss daggers whit a steel base according to T Wittmann.

no more opinions???

Comment

I don´t doubt, that Helbig made SA-daggers. I just doubt that it is original to the scabbard.....

Ostmaerker

Comment

If Helbig made SA daggers, why didn´t they made chained daggers????? and who no for sure?? any proof?

/fredrik

Comment

Smaller company selection differs greatly from the bigger manufacturers. Helbig and few other small company operations would not carrier that wide range of inventory to make every variety. It would not have been cost effective.
            Helbig's big dagger production was in the NSFK dagger and Luftwaffe swords

Comment

So a chained marine dagger from helbig must be a fake dagger?

/fredrik

Comment

Originally posted by normandie View Post
                So a chained marine dagger from helbig must be a fake dagger?

/fredrik
                No, the scabbard with the chain could be original and so could be the dagger from Helbig. Only the crossguards would have to be "painted" gold. Everything would be "original", but wouldn´t fit together....

But I would say this is hardly probable, so, yes it is more than likely a fake...

Ostmaerker

Comment

but if helbigs regular sa dagger and ss dagger has the same crossguard like this one? and a few did make crossguards from steel. so why is this a fake??????

Comment

Fredrik, Let me tell you what I think:<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
                    1- Helbig did make SA daggers and they did make RZM SA daggers and SS daggers. Some here do not like they and claim they are post-war. The result is they are a difficult sell.<o></o>
                    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=666951<o></o>
                    Regardless of if they are late war or post war their quality sucks and they are poorly made.<o></o>
                    As Gailen taught me long ago: The test of a Helbig's authenticity is if it takes two hands and a vice to remove the dagger from the scabbard then it's real! <o></o>
                    I'll not get into a protracted discussion about them, rather just say that's where they stand.<o></o>
                    <o></o>
                    2-Did they make a Marine version? Very doubtful, It's a wonder they sold the SA on their product, much less a rare variant of a NSKK for leaders. <o></o>
                    <o></o>
                    I have learned in this hobby if you have to convince people they will not buy. An item must stand on it's own. If you keep this thing you will die with it, cause down the road it will be a very difficult sell.<o></o>
                    www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lakesidetrader View Post
                      Fredrik, Let me tell you what I think:<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
                      1- Helbig did make SA daggers and they did make RZM SA daggers and SS daggers. Some here do not like they and claim they are post-war. The result is they are a difficult sell.<o></o>
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=666951<o></o>
                      Regardless of if they are late war or post war their quality sucks and they are poorly made.<o></o>
                      As Gailen taught me long ago: The test of a Helbig's authenticity is if it takes two hands and a vice to remove the dagger from the scabbard then it's real! <o></o>
                      I'll not get into a protracted discussion about them, rather just say that's where they stand.<o></o>
                      <o></o>
                      2-Did they make a Marine version? Very doubtful, It's a wonder they sold the SA on their product, much less a rare variant of a NSKK for leaders. <o></o>
                      <o></o>
                      I have learned in this hobby if you have to convince people they will not buy. An item must stand on it's own. If you keep this thing you will die with it, cause down the road it will be a very difficult sell.<o></o>

That pretty much says it all !

Comment

but this dagger is not bad in its details, can it be another maker?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X