Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Rohm Dagger Opinions

Hi all,

I have a seller who has a Rohm dagger for sale. I'm very wary but I want to know your opinions along with how much you think it should sell for
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Looks to me that this could be a partial Rohm as the signature is a lot more faded out than the rest of the inscription but not sure as it could also be the pics. The maker mark is close to the guard as is correct for this maker. The scabbard paint looks kind of funky and caked on. definitely not a condition dagger. I would wait for a better one to come along.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Nichols View Post

I would wait for a better one to come along.

I concur with Jeff.

-wagner-

Comment

Originally posted by wags View Post
            I concur with Jeff.

-wagner-
            Me too, scabbard looks recently repainted.

Comment

I also agree with Jeff, and the scabbard certainly does appear to be repainted. If the scabbard is original to the dagger, then it's 79 years old and from the original orders for SA sidearms. It must have been worn MANY times during those early years, and all that wear and tear would have had a negative effect on the scabbard's shell. Original scabbards came with a coating applied to protect the anodized steel of the body, and that coating got chipped and cracked through years of normal wear and tear, thus exposing the scabbard's anodized skin color as well as its base metal to the effects of tarnish and further deterioration. The dagger's grip shows the effects of a hard life, as does the blade's surface, so the condition of the scabbard is immediately jarring to the eye. Since SA M-33 daggers bearing the partially-removed Röhm dedication are still fairly easily available on the market, I would pass this one up and wait for a more unified piece.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X