MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transitional Eickhorn mark for questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transitional Eickhorn mark for questions...

Hi guys. I have a small question about this SS dagger's Transitional makers mark. All of the Eickhorn transitional marks I've seen have the RZM mark ABOVE, not below the Eickhorn mark. Is this a correct variant, and if so, does it look ok? I realize we're not looking at the entire dagger here, I'm just curious about the marking itself.

Thanks!
    Dzyner

It looks as original transitional dagger with the early big mark and RZM code.
    Marks placement are correct for this variant

Comment

Thanks Avrora! I appreciate the help.

Comment

Hi Dzyner,
        the blades with the RZM above is the version with the small Eick TM.
        Your TM looks fine! The RZM is always "stronger"executed as the TM.
        Do you have more pics of it?

Comment

Here are a few more shots...

Thanks!
          Dzyner

Comment

I like mate

Comment

I just had a look at the maker marks over at wardaggers.com for SS Eickhorn daggers and they show the 1936 transitional mark as having the double-oval Eickhorn logo below the RZM mark, and without the C.E. In fact, they don't even show the version with the "C.E." as a Transitional variant, nor do they show any variations where the RZM mark is below the Eickhorn logo, except when used with HJ knives.

http://www.wardaggers.com/Carl_Eickhorn.htm

Are we sure this marking is correct?

Comment

Originally posted by dzyner View Post
                I just had a look at the maker marks over at wardaggers.com for SS Eickhorn daggers and they show the 1936 transitional mark as having the double-oval Eickhorn logo below the RZM mark, and without the C.E. In fact, they don't even show the version with the "C.E." as a Transitional variant, nor do they show any variations where the RZM mark is below the Eickhorn logo, except when used with HJ knives.

http://www.wardaggers.com/Carl_Eickhorn.htm

Are we sure this marking is correct?
                100%

One of my fellows own the same version. TM with C E and serrated tail with RZM.

Comment

had one in my hands yesterday..

no problem with this one

Forgot to ad..
                  you can feel that this is a untouched one that´s been laying around for a loooong time gathering lovely patina...
                  wouldn´t mind adding this one to my collection..

Congrats..

Comment

Thanks Zozole. Is this a particularly rare variant (the maker mark) since I cannot seem to find any like it online, and not even wardaggers.com has this mark on his list.

Comment

I would say that they are not often seen, Its more likely that you find a Herder, Hammesfahr, or Klaas then a transitional Eick.

Cheers

Emil

Comment

Is there a small assembler's number on the bottom of the lower crossguard by the edge of the blade??

Comment

Hi Ron. I assume you're referring to the Roman numeral, correct? I haven't received it yet buy in a couple of the photos it looks like the Roman numeral "I" is present on the front lower guard, very faint.

Comment

No, wrong assumption. This is a smaller single digit number, not a Roman numeral, and its on the bottom of the lower guard, not on the side.

Comment

I don't think I have a photo of the underside so I'll need to wait until I receive it. Is this particular dagger supposed to have one?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X