Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS RZM Eickhorn opinions please . . .

Hello:

SS daggers aren't my area of expertise. It's my understanding that after 1936, SS daggers came under control of the RZM and the logo was added with the mfr's code number. This one has the earlier 941/37/SS code rather than one with the "M7" prefix. Does this one have a chance?

Thank you!
    Attached Files

Thanks again!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mauser HSc; 04-07-2013, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Better pix of the motto and blade.
      Attached Files

Comment

Another picture of grip. If this is an obvious fake, I apologize in advance and thank you for saving me from making a big mistake!
        Attached Files

Comment

from what i see on the pics it looks fine to me,transitional period with double makers marks.........dave

Comment

I like it...

Comment

Here is another RZM 941/37/SS Eickhorn transitional logo for comparison. There are differences, particularly in the 9 and on the jagged outline of the squirrel. Might the one I have posted above be a really good repro?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Mauser HSc; 04-07-2013, 09:51 PM.

Comment

IMO, the first dagger you show is authentic, perhaps the blade been cleaned or the grip repaired near eagle, hard to judge with those photos.

The second one you some is a known repro. Not only the 9 if off, so is the 7, and several other fine details, such as blade steel color.

Be careful buying them without knowing what your doing- most of these auctions are "AS IS" sales with No returns.
                A lot of junk get cycled through auctions.
                Hope this helps.

-wagner-

Comment

I'm with Serge. The first dagger that is posted is proper. The second has all the characteristics of a post war blade.

Comment

Thank you for your opinions!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X