No announcement yet.

They All Can't Be Dirty............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Tanker, I think it does, or perhaps even more value, should the grip show a striking grain pattern and the metal parts show few scratches.

Br. James

Comment

Thanks.
      I have always heard that if a dagger has been cleaned (even properly), that it detracts from the value opposed to an uncleaned oned .I see on German Daggers.Com all the time when a comment is made on a dagger (SS and others) that it is "nice, but cleaned". Comments are also made about the patina mising.
      Just wanted some clarification for the uncleaned /cleaned staus on daggers. Ron

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
      Yes, Tanker, I think it does, or perhaps even more value, should the grip show a striking grain pattern and the metal parts show few scratches.

Br. James

Comment

There are two camps. Some, like Br. James like the "bling' look. I like them uncleaned with patina, and for me cleaning reduces the value... at least for my dollars. As you coin collectors know, cleaning an old coin severely reduces it's value. That being said, there are certain things that can be done for purposes of preservation that don't amount to cleaning.

Comment

Uncleaned!

JR

A fine dagger that many could only hope for!

Easy to sell but hard to replace!

You will pound the floors and spend much in overhead to find like this!

How much is that plane ride? Hotel,food and such! And price to obtain it!

Hope you got it on consignment! Bet you peeled off some serious jing for it!

PVON

Comment

I agree. I believe that removing the green junk and dirt is preservation. Ron

Originally posted by Skyline Drive View Post
            There are two camps. Some, like Br. James like the "bling' look. I like them uncleaned with patina, and for me cleaning reduces the value... at least for my dollars. As you coin collectors know, cleaning an old coin severely reduces it's value. That being said, there are certain things that can be done for purposes of preservation that don't amount to cleaning.

Comment

A very nice dagger priced fairly - no wonder it's already spoken for. I have a mix of cleaned/uncleaned pieces and would very happily have owned this

Comment

I don't care if they are clean or dirty as long as they are 101% original, free from issues and in great condition.
                Nice, even patina is always welcome, but when I get the dagger with verdigris or dirt, first thing I do is removing it and I know I make the dagger "happy" and "healthier", don't mind if some dirt lovers don't like it.
                JR, it's another great piece by the top maker. I'm sure someone will be proud new owner soon.

Comment

Just found the post -
                  Wow, that's a beauty JR
                  Exceptional photographic work too
                  Steve

Comment

Dang! That is a fine example. Well done indeed.

Comment

A beauty indeed and quite surprisingly, fairly priced .
                      I would even say that this dagger is below normal market value, sorry but I just don't get it coming from a dealer.

Perhaps it was a typing mistake ?

Just kidding !

Congratulation to the new owner that just got himself a hell of a bargain at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by patrice View Post
                        A beauty indeed and quite surprisingly, fairly priced .
                        I would even say that this dagger is below normal market value, sorry but I just don't get it coming from a dealer.

Perhaps it was a typing mistake ?

Just kidding !

Congratulation to the new owner that just got himself a hell of a bargain at that price.
                        You got that right ! You just don't see this quality popping up at the shows or on the sites very often ! The piece was definitely worth it's price

Comment

Ed, if you got it, I can only say.. Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by zozole View Post
                            Ed, if you got it, I can only say.. Congrats
                            No, not me. Whoever did buy it, bought a gem !

Comment

Paul Hogle on Lakesidetrader sells the same beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by Vata66 View Post
                                Paul Hogle on Lakesidetrader sells the same beauty.
                                haha, a little higher price it looks like....not to mention some other differences..............

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X