Unmarked Infanteriemesser 42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmarked Infanteriemesser 42

Today I picked up this infanteriemesser for a good price and I wanted to show it to those of you who may have more expertise.
    I searched around on the forum for pictures of originals, and to me, this one is original in pretty good condition. There don't seem to be too many around.
    The blade is still bright, though with runner marks and some surface rust, but there is still cross grain!
    Scabbard fits nicely but is missing a rivet, so the part that would allow it to hang onto something is slightly loose.
    I'll let the pictures talk and I'd love to hear some opinions!

wow nice

Comment

And does anyone know how much these go for?

Thanks

Comment

Take a look on e-stand...

Comment

I see 110€ for one in worse condition. I hadn't noticed that one in my search because of the title of that posting.

Comment

I got this knife from cevensky in a trade. I sold it and the person I sold it to thinks it may be repro. I'm sure its a good one but could somebody please comment to put his mind at ease?

Thanks, Cliff

Comment

Originally posted by clestuff View Post
              I got this knife from cevensky in a trade. I sold it and the person I sold it to thinks it may be repro. ...
              Cliff, please ask the the buyer why he´s thinkin´, that, this particular, Infanteriemesser 42 is a reproduction.

Comment

RE: Infanteriemesser 42 is a reproduction

I am the buyer and am sharing these photos with the forum with an open mind. I would appreciate opinions of its authenticity. I realize this knife is based on a German form though the quality conveys the quality of something made in post war Japan for tourists.

The qualities that I disagree with are the fit of the handle to the knife. Rivets with burrs that are actually raised from the handle. A poor fit to the scabbard. And overall poor quality compared to originals that I've owned.

Thanks very much and all opinions are appreciated.

Comment

Tazmaner,
                  The only part of this that I have any great amount of experience with has to do with the knife itself. The scabbard clip is missing a rivet and this is the reason for the poor fit to the knife. When it's held in place, it fits very well.
                  As for the rest, I'll be interested to hear other opinions... Which is why I started the thread in the first place.

Comment

RE: Infanteriemesser 42

The broken rivet has nothing to do with the fit. One of the posted photo's is of the blade inserted flush in to the scabbard, It does not fit very well as you can see. Would be happy to post other examples for comparison. I too would be interested in other opinions which is why I posted the item.

Comment

The Infanteriemesser looks good to me so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Reibert-Austria View Post
                        The Infanteriemesser looks good to me so far.

I´ll agree, it´s a good one IMO

Andy

Comment

Here is some pictures of mine
                          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X