NSKK dagger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK dagger?

I know nothing about these daggers,so Id love some input,please!!

Im pretty sure this is an early NSKK dagger,judging by the black scabbard,and lack of RZM mark. Maker is H & F Lauterjung,Solingen. The nickel fitting by the blade is marked Wm (Westmark?)

It's obviously in bad condition,but its being offered to me by my Uncle who received it in trade for some car parts.He was told,and believes,that it is a rare gem that is worth $400.

I told him he's crazy and should know what hes getting before trading for things.

Anyway,what would be a rough estimate of a going price for something in this condition?
    Attached Files

pics
    Attached Files

Comment

last
      Attached Files

Comment

Need more pics showing both sides for any kind of appraisal...Kevin.

Comment

In additon to the 6 I just posted,or?

Comment

$300 - $400 is probably about right imo.

worth that in parts.

cheers, del.

Comment

I think $400 is way to high for this dagger. Condition is terrible. But that is just my opinion. Charlie

Comment

Sad to see in such poor condition. And someone has already had it apart; the lower crossguard was remounted backwards. The only 'parts' that might be salvageable would be the crossguards and the scabbard. The grip is shattered and missing the SA button, and the eagle looks like someone has tried to pry it off as was done to the button.

Br. James

Comment

Thanks guys..Thats what I thought as well.Its neat,but its not really all that interesting to me..And he just wants too much money for it.

Ill tell him to throw it in the scrap heap!

Comment

OK,so I told him it was a piece of crap,and he offered it to me for $175.Ive never had much interest in these,but its starting to grow on me,and looks good in my display case.

Since I will NEVER spend hundreds of dollars for a pristine dagger,I am considering buying this one because its already sitting in my collection.

I think $175 is a fairly reasonable price,considering the aforementioned reasoning.But the experts are saying its junk.

Is it at least worth $175,or should I tell him to seriously throw it in his scrap metal pile,which he WILL do if I dont buy it?

Comment

Snap it up for $175 . The parts are worth it easily .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X