Rohm Blade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rohm Blade?

Can I have some thoughts on this Rohm blade. I took it out of repainted brown scabbard with SS handle. Looks minty, high quality with crossgrain and everything centered and excellent engravings. Appreciate any input.

<p>
    <p>
    <p>
    <p>
    <p>
    <p>
    <p>
    <p>
    <p>
    <p>

SA Dedication

Whilst I think the blade may be an original the dedication is one I wouldnt accept as good. I compared it to a blade I have and the letters dont line up. Curious to see what others think
    cheers Robert
    Attached Files

Comment

To me this looks like one of those repop blades that Rex Reddick sold in the late 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Sunday View Post
        To me this looks like one of those repop blades that Rex Reddick sold in the late 80's.

I concur with Ed. It has all the features of a Reddick blade.

-wagner-

Comment

Thanks for the comments so far. I have about 10 SAs and a couple SS - this blade is definitely WW2 Quality. My additional reading tells me that the Reddick blades had off center logos. Everything on this one seems perfectly alligned.

Comment

It appears to be a beautiful blade; one wonders how it happened to find it's way into a "repainted brown scabbard with SS handle"...? Nowadays, it is possible to duplicate almost anything ever made, so my opinion is that given the state of the dagger this blade came in, I would not trust it to be as it appears. I hate to have to say such a thing, but today we live in a world where no Third Reich relic should be trusted on face value, and since this piece has a very questionable past, well, I'd leave it there.

Br. James

Comment

Reddick Blade. You can easily see the typical Reddick blue tint to the metal itself.

Comment

easy to tell the inscription does not belong there by the distance of the logo ( should be a small one) and much closer to the cross guard.

Comment

Sorry to be slightly defensive but I have seen most modern copies and the quality is nowhere near what you guys claim. Most have flimsy or plated blades and have no patina whatsoever particularly like the patina on the tang of this one. Still think this is an original blade with a post-war inscription. The logo is even the early squirrel 34/35 not on the reddicks, But I'll heed to the experts here and dispose of it as a repo blade at the next Gun Show. Thanks all.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X