Dagger help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dagger help please

This was in a collection of WW2 daggers I bought. I know it's not a military dagger but thought someone may have some knowledge on it. It has very nice detail to the casting. The handle is solid and I think it's plated brass or white brass. Nice leather covered scabbard. With the lady holding a dagger pointed down ,2 cupids and a boy and girl kissing. No makers mark. I thought maybe a post WW1 celebration dagger possibly. It is very well made and I think it's old. Thanks for any thoughts on it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by D. Ricks; 03-21-2013, 06:33 AM.

More pics

#2 pics
    Attached Files

Comment

More pics

#3 pics
      Attached Files

Comment

More pics

#4 pics
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Never seen anything quite like this piece before, but it appears to be finely made and the details are stunning. The fit at the scabbard throat looks perfect, too. Perhaps it was made for a religious or fraternal organization, like the Knights of Columbus or the Knights Templar? Just some thoughts, though I hope someone out there can provide more info on an excellent dagger.

Br. James

Comment

Thanks Br.James. It is a very well made dagger with greater detail than the pictures show. I believe it is older than WW2. I was hoping also someone knew the country of origin,type dagger,etc.

Comment

That is one cool dagger

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X