Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smeagol Gollum

Originally posted by kiwitedferny View Post

It'd be a shame if we all ended up in our bunkers, caressing our prizes in isolation. We should be sharing the experience.
    well at least no one can hear us say "my precious" whilst alone in our bunkers.

Comment

Originally posted by DR DOLCH View Post
      If you do not want other peoples opinions on daggers,do not ask for them.
      I wasn't asking for their opinion. They asked to see the pieces ostensibly to enjoy the experience of handling them. It was after I had done them the courtesy of letting them handle them that the 'opinions' stated to flow. Jesus....

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
        well at least no one can hear us say "my precious" whilst alone in our bunkers.
        LOL! We hear those words a lot in NZ. I blame Peter Bloody Jackson....

Comment

Oh - it's tough . . . but don't give up!

Originally posted by wags View Post
          KiwiTed,

I don't want to sound crass but that was a good education for you. Your story is a common one- unfortunately.

Thrashing a originial rarity by casting doubts of it on the internet is a true but sad affair that many here have experienced.

From what I seen you have a great start with some great daggers. Don't let The Losers of the hobby dull the glitter of enthusiasm for this great hobby - there are some real good people in it also.

Best of the Quest,
          -wagner-
          KiwiTed - I'm with Wags . . . everyone "cuts their teeth", and learns that lesson fast with this junk. In time, you may also learn the cuts will still keep coming - but don't give up . . . bury your nose deep into the learning experience, remain diligent, and train to take the knocks in stride. I found your enthusiasm to be refreshing in your previous post . . . and that is why I mentioned all should be happy for what you have the means to achieve. Will be looking forward to seeing your future achievements, as well as your reports on that long [and lonely?] road of experience you are about to embark upon . . .

Comment

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
            KiwiTed - I'm with Wags . . . everyone "cuts their teeth", and learns that lesson fast with this junk. In time, you may also learn the cuts will still keep coming - but don't give up . . . bury your nose deep into the learning experience, remain diligent, and train to take the knocks in stride. I found your enthusiasm to be refreshing in your previous post . . . and that is why I mentioned all should be happy for what you have the means to achieve. Will be looking forward to seeing your future achievements, as well as your reports on that long [and lonely?] road of experience you are about to embark upon . . .

Thank you very much for those kind words. 'Long and lonely road'? LOL! Maybe I should switch back to firearms - those guys are better fun! On a serious note - I have my eye on one or two other pieces to create the 'core' of a decent collection, then things are going to slow down as far as acquisitions are concerned. I'm getting some good guidance from some Kiwi collectors about 'focus'. The stuff I will be after doesn't come up too often. In the meantime, there's uniform and medal groups to be poured over.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwitedferny View Post
              Thank you very much for those kind words. 'Long and lonely road'? LOL! Maybe I should switch back to firearms - those guys are better fun! On a serious note - I have my eye on one or two other pieces to create the 'core' of a decent collection, then things are going to slow down as far as acquisitions are concerned. I'm getting some good guidance from some Kiwi collectors about 'focus'. The stuff I will be after doesn't come up too often. In the meantime, there's uniform and medal groups to be poured over.
              Just enjoy the fine pieces you have aquired and the chase and anticipation of what you aspire to aquire next. Its no different to any hobby Ted, where ever a group of people gather, there are sure to be a few tossers.. congrats, Johnno.

Comment

Kiwitedferny,
                I don't know squat about daggers and don't mind that I don't but the next time you come to the SOS this Yank will be glad to close the local bars down with you to welcome you back.
                I remember what one of my old profs said about "experts": "An ex is a has been and a spurt is just a drip under pressure."
                JAndrew

Comment

Ted,
                  It sounds like you ran into some jealous people and yes it is sometimes better to not tell certain individuals about your purchases.

I hope that you will stop by my table at one of the future shows so I can shake your hand. I am fairly certain that I would have something to feed your edged weapon addiction. I have always preferred trigger pullers over tire kickers.

Congratulations on the wonderful items you bagged at the SOS.

Last edited by J. M. C.; 03-15-2013, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Kiwi:

There are all kinds of people, good and bad, happy and jealous. There are also a handful of people at these shows that I go out of my way to show my purchases to: Ron Weinand, Bill Shea, Paul Hogle, Jason Burmeister, Tom Wittman, Brian Maederer, Serge Wagner, Tery Kissinger and Ed Sunday come to mind. Others may see my stuff, but I am not after their approval nor their input very much.

And, if you were to see the kind of stuff the Russians have been buying over the years, you would be completely unimpressed by their taste and their knowledge.

You have made a series of really good decisions that will pay off both in the long run and have kept you from making calls. Buying from Tom and Bill and Jason is the best thing you did at the beginning of your journey into TR-land.

And, please do not take this one bad experience (or two, actually) stop you from showing us your great purchases now or in the future.

John

Comment

Originally posted by JohnZ View Post
                      Kiwi:

There are all kinds of people, good and bad, happy and jealous. There are also a handful of people at these shows that I go out of my way to show my purchases to: Ron Weinand, Bill Shea, Paul Hogle, Jason Burmeister, Tom Wittman, Brian Maederer, Serge Wagner, Tery Kissinger and Ed Sunday come to mind. Others may see my stuff, but I am not after their approval nor their input very much.

And, if you were to see the kind of stuff the Russians have been buying over the years, you would be completely unimpressed by their taste and their knowledge.

You have made a series of really good decisions that will pay off both in the long run and have kept you from making calls. Buying from Tom and Bill and Jason is the best thing you did at the beginning of your journey into TR-land.

And, please do not take this one bad experience (or two, actually) stop you from showing us your great purchases now or in the future.

John
                      Thanks very much John. Your 'list' corresponds to mine very closely! I will continue to post pics a d 'share the love'. If I get something wrong, that's fine - but I will be careful who I listen to when someone calls 'BS'.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim's Militaria View Post
                        Ted,
                        It sounds like you ran into some jealous people and yes it is sometimes better to not tell certain individuals about your purchases.

I hope that you will stop by my table at one of the future shows so I can shake your hand. I am fairly certain that I would have something to feed your edged weapon addiction. I have always preferred trigger pullers over tire kickers.

Congratulations on the wonderful items you bagged at the SOS.

That is very generous spirited of you. I appreciate it. I will certainly pay you a visit at the next SOS.

Comment

Originally posted by JAndrew View Post
                          Kiwitedferny,
                          I don't know squat about daggers and don't mind that I don't but the next time you come to the SOS this Yank will be glad to close the local bars down with you to welcome you back.
                          I remember what one of my old profs said about "experts": "An ex is a has been and a spurt is just a drip under pressure."
                          JAndrew
                          Excellent! An American who drinks! Let me introduce you to the Australians. They are ferocious piss-heads!

Comment

What not to do.

WELL SAID TED.
                            I LEARN'T THIS LESSON SOME 15 OR SO YEARS AGO. I PUT UP PICS OF MY BOKER SS FULL ROHM {PURCHASED FROM TOM WITTMANN} AND SURE ENOUGH ONE PERSON'S COMMENT WAS FAKE!!!
                            I THINK I HAVE A VERY GOOD HANDLE ON WHATS GOOD AND BAD AFTER ALFTER ALL I HAVE BEEN DEALING AND COLLECTING THIS STUFF FOR OVER 40YEARS AND I HAVE APPROX 120 DAGGERS AND SWORDS FROM THE TR PERIOD. I AM NAMED IN SOME OF JOHNSON'S BOOKS AND I OWN MANY DAGGERS PICTURED IN WITTMANN'S BOOKS.
                            MY PHILOSOPHY. IF YOUR HAPPY WITH THE DAGGERS YOU OWN ESPECIALY IF THE ITEM CAME FROM A REPUTABLE SORCE WHO GIVES A RATS ASS WHAT ANY ONE ELSE THINKS. DO YOUR OWN THING IN YOUR OWN TIME AND WAY. DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND GET A LIBRARY BECAUSE KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. GOOD LUCK TO YOU.
                            REGARDS JOHN

[

Comment

that horse you sold me yesterday just died" "it was alive when you bought it" at the show he says your dagger is the best copy i ever saw, give you 200 for it

Comment

heh your quite the straight shooter Ted. Quite some buys you made. If ever in Germany bring that Moby Dick wallet even though I do not have FHH daggers I will drink you and any Australian under the table.

Nice blades you picked up.

Cheers,
                                D
                                Iam Uncle Sam
                                That’s who Iam
                                Been hiding out
                                In a rock and roll band

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X