Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help ID'ing an Unusual Dagger...

Hi all.

I'm a bit stumped about this dagger that found its way into my inbox. I can't find any reference to it in my books, nor can I find anything like it online. The only reason I didn't simply dismiss it as a fantasy piece is the materials used and certain qualities. For example, the leather of the scabbard seem to be manufactured very much like period police bayonet scabbards; with the two pleats on the front and the sewn back side.

I also thought it might be Native American based on the designs in the metal fittings, but the Swastika is correct for TR, not a Native American piece.

Before I dismiss this one, I thought I'd post it here for review.

Thanks!
    Dzyner

I believe it's a Latvian dagger.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Sunday View Post
      I believe it's a Latvian dagger.
      Anyone here experienced enough with these daggers to comment on authenticity?
      Last edited by dzyner; 03-14-2013, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dzyner View Post
        Anyone here experienced enough with these daggers to comment on authenticity?
        I have seen and handled a few of these in the past. I remember Tom Wittman showing me one and I believe Brian Maeder had one. The one in the pics looks very good.

Comment

Latvian and good.

Comment

Most of these were produced by E & F Horster, one by Carl Eickhorn would be a plus IMO.

Comment

Quite an interesting piece! Does anyone have any information about what this piece was made for...is it military in origin, and if so, where does it fit in? Or is it perhaps a political sidearm? Such an ornate creation looks like something made as a gift for the Herr Reichsmarschall!

Br. James

Comment

in my opinion daggers is good here is a few pics of daggers found in the ground to compare.Congrat I wish I have one in a future.
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Eickhorn started making these 1930-1931 along with the swords. The swaz has nothing to do with Germany... Regards: James
                      Last edited by damasco; 03-20-2013, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X