Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!

Guys, I remember that there was a Diplomatic Sword in one of the big time auction houses last year either Hermann Historica or Andreas Theis. Can anybody remember if it sold? If so, what did it bring? What would be a realistic market value one would pay for one today ? Thanks.

as someone here on the forum told me when I asked a similar question."it is worth what someone who really wants it is willing to pay for",,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Hohenstaufen View Post
      ... What would be a realistic market value one would pay for one today? ...

Condition, particularly of the blade, is everything and without any indication of what the one you have in mind is like it's really impossible to give an accurate valuation.

Regards,
      Stu

Comment

Militarymania and Stu, Thanks for the input. Does anyone not remember seeing the one that was in the Auction House last year?

Comment

Yes, However that one had some good provenance being Seiss Inquart's diplo sword. 100% correct uncleaned with portapee. Don't think one can compare THAT one to a regular sword but the provenance was very strong and I think I recalled it selling for around 30K. I could me mistaken, however I recall being out of the bidding at 20K.

I attended a Greg Martin auction in Orange County about 3 years ago and hand inspected a regular decent Alcoso Diplo period sword- I believe that one had a hammer price of aroung 8K+ from what I remember now- I should have got that one but was already loaded up. Check with their past auctions and you should find it.
          Hope hat helps you Grant.
          Hard to find 'real numbers' on that model.

-wagner-

Comment

Wags, many thanks.

I have the one that belonged to my father, which he bought from Tom Wittmann many years ago. It has only been apart one time and that was when Tom used it for his video on the Diplomatic Swords. I believe the number on the parts is #21. It also has the correct Diplo Knot and over-the-shoulder hanger. It is a stuning example!!

Again, thanks for the help. I will try to see if I can find the old Auction listing.

Comment

Grant, I looked up the Diplo sword in my catalog for Greg Martin Auction of March 30, 2009. Lot 1156.
              According to my notes, I have a $9,500 - 'hammer'.

-wagner-
              Last edited by Serge M.; 02-13-2013, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X