G33/40 Bayonet ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G33/40 Bayonet ?

I just picked up a bayonet marked DOT 42. The handle looks like a regular K98 bayonet, except the blade is longer and the sharp edge is on top. It is Waffen AMP marked. I am unsure as to what it may be. Am unable to post a picture right now as I am out ot town and will post one this weekend.

Anyone has any info on this?
    DaveJ

Sounds like a standard Czech VZ24 bayonet made during the German occupation and waffen amt marked for acceptance into German army service.

Tony
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

SG24(t)

Hello, Your piece is SG24(t), that was made without barrel ring, it was destined primarily for SG24(t) rifle and G33/40 carbine. Best regards,Andy

Comment

Thanks....any idea of the value?

Originally posted by Tiger 1
        Sounds like a standard Czech VZ24 bayonet made during the German occupation and waffen amt marked for acceptance into German army service.

Tony
        DaveJ

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB
          Hello, Your piece is SG24(t), that was made without barrel ring, it was destined primarily for SG24(t) rifle and G33/40 carbine. Best regards,Andy
          DaveJ

Comment

Value

Hello looks to Ebay for value, its depending from condition, but i assume 50-100 bucks is the main. best regards,Andy

Comment

Originally posted by DaveJ
              Hi
              I have seen nice waa marked ones, without the barrel ring go for 100-110 euro here in Denmark.

/Jacob

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the help,

Here is the photo, my wife was helping me with this on the phone,
                This is the first one I have evr seen, really never looked I guess,
                The blade is just about mint, the scabard and handle have some discoloration,wood is like new
                Attached Files
                DaveJ

Comment

This type made for the germanns are usually of high quality, the ones i have handled have all been in very nice conditions.
                  I only have ones of these in my on collection right now, and it is close to perfect.
                  /Jacob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X