Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Kettendolch dagger.

Hello.

I've been offered a wonderfull geniue SS Kettendolch dagger for 2500 euro.

How is the prices for daggers like these, apreciate your help .

That is a very good price for a chained SS dagger, be careful at that price
    may not be good
    Mametz

Comment

Post Pics here before making a deal,, it can save you money

Comment

Here is some pics

Comment

2500 EUR? that sounds like a nice present. Be carefull!

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

The photos are too fuzzy to authenticate the chain. Also... that's a late RZM marked blade that would not have been mated to an early chained scabbard!

Comment

Thank you for your answears..
              I still believe this dagger to be authentic..
              The reason why the the blade is marked he said was because the scabbard itself were very expensive, so a lot of the soldiers waited later to get a knife to it..

Is that a good explanation??

Comment

With the terrible blurry photos I can make out two red flags.

The RZM logo appears too low on the blade for any that I have seen.
                The grip to lower crossguard fit shows a large 'step' to the mating surfaces.

I wouldn't bother to ask for clearer photos, but that's me. I would tell the seller

-wagner-

Comment

Again thank you for the answear..
                  I will just post some more pics, hope it helps authenticate it?

Comment

Don't bother posting more pics, there are more problems I can see.
                    Best Wishes,
                    Bob
                    www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Klitbjerg View Post
                        .................... The reason why the the blade is marked he said was because the scabbard itself were very expensive, so a lot of the soldiers waited later to get a knife to it.......... Is that a good explanation??
                        The M 1936 daggers were announced by Himmler for sale as complete units, not as parts or kits or scabbards to be sold separately. With complete M 1933 and M 1936 daggers listed for sale in the SS-Kleiderkasse - but no separate listings for scabbards/kits/parts.

PS: The example posted here seems to bear a strong resemblance to some fakes that may have possibly originated as "upgrades" (altered mixed parts pieces old and new) from Eastern Europe. Is that where this example is being sold from?? FP

Comment

Just to be clear, the dagger shown above is fake. Scabbards or chains were available to upgrade your current 33 model to a 36 during the period. This is very well accepted among the collecting community. I am sure Tom Whitman could give better details.
                          Best Wishes,
                          Bob
                          www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

I agree it was possible to upgrade a standard 33 dagger to a chained
                            version
                            Mametz

Comment

Originally posted by BobI View Post
                              Just to be clear, the dagger shown above is fake ..........
                              As are a number of other postwar faking efforts, including a new "variant" of the M 1936 chain links made out of silver. But those are something of a side issue IMO in relation to what can actually be proved as taking place during the time of the Third Reich.
                              Originally posted by BobI View Post
                              ............ Scabbards or chains were available to upgrade your current 33 model to a 36 during the period. This is very well accepted among the collecting community. I am sure Tom Whitman could give better details. Best Wishes, Bob
                              Bob, Not to be disagreeable, but it was widely accepted in the so-called “collecting community” that the German Police swords were introduced in 1936. And that 1936 was the date that the Ehrendegen RF-SS was introduced. But Mr. Wittmann publicly recanted from his earlier belief in his own book for the Police swords - citing new period information from a source other than himself. And as I recall it was not that long ago, when pre-1936 dated award documents for the Ehrendegen from other outside sources compelled a similar public change in opinion.

So if somebody can show me a period copy of the SS-Kleiderkasse where it shows them for sale I would be more than happy to modify my previous statements. Because so far some of the “collecting community” experts have not been doing so well in getting their "facts" straight. Regards, Fred
                              Last edited by Frogprince; 03-26-2013, 04:40 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X