Late War K98 Bayonet 44 FZE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late War K98 Bayonet 44 FZE

Picked this up this week, really nice late war. What maker is FZE?

Fritz
    Attached Files

F. W. Holler Solingen

Comment

Nice bayonet and scare frog for the folding shovel Combination. Unfortunately with a big hole in the loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepwalker View Post
        Nice bayonet and scare frog for the folding shovel Combination. Unfortunately with a big hole in the loop.
        no it is not for any showel combination! BS story from BS books,i have even read this is WSS model its just,just a late war frog...

Comment

This is the reason i write - folding - !

This frog is for the use with the "zusammenklappbares Schanzwerkzeug" (so the correct name... i try to translate it in english but Schanzwerkzeug is a Problem) introduced 1942.
          (Remarks in the H.Dv. 122, Teil A )

And this is not a pure SS frog model

Comment

Thanks, wasn't sure on the maker. I fiqured it was a late war one, bummer about the hole, probably had it hanging on the wall.

Fritz

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepwalker View Post
              This is the reason i write - folding - !

This frog is for the use with the "zusammenklappbares Schanzwerkzeug" (so the correct name... i try to translate it in english but Schanzwerkzeug is a Problem) introduced 1942.
              (Remarks in the H.Dv. 122, Teil A )

And this is not a pure SS frog model

A folding (or collapsible) entrenching tool I think works reasonably well as a (translated) description - as compared to a standard fixed handle entrenching tool. With the folding shovel (or entrenching tool) carrier configured for this style frog. Which doesn't mean that you won't find a number of period "in use" pictures of the standard bayonet frog - because that was probably all that was immediately available when a frog needed. FP

Comment

Hi
                beautiful bayonet end of war, congratulations, if you are I'm interested seller or exchange?

Comment

Offtopic,but it is wery common to encounter frogs with holes.It seems that is has been wery common to hang bayonets on the wall.I have about 15 dress bayonets with frogs and there are about 5-6 with a hole in the frog.
                  Regards,
                  Jaska

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X