how to protect portepees from wear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to protect portepees from wear?

How do you secure your portepees so they dont wear more than they have to while in storage?
    I am talking about that little slow wear that comes in tiny bits over the years. At this time, I think I should really get a handle on this , as they getting that slow worn out and frayed look, and the wear cant continue forever without eventually falling off in total disrepair some day-maybe 30 more years, but I want to do the right thing now!.

I noticed some wear even from movement of portepees (on both daggers and swords) in the zip up cases made for dagger and sword storage.

For a awhile I used a few rubber bands to keep portepee from moving but do not want the rubber bands to damage anything as they age and adher to item it touches.

I also used to use clean socks= to hold all in place, but I then noticed there is potential wear to dagger and portepee when pulling the socks on and off when handling.

Any ideas?

I take a plastic tie wrap and connect them the the dagger or sword ring.I do not worry abut wear to them being left in storage and not handled except once or twice a year. Objects without motion stay without motuon unless acted upon with a source of motion.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X