How do you store a sword?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you store a sword?

Hi guys. First time in this forum. I have an old US sword in pretty decent condition and my question is how should I be storing it? For many years it has hung on my wall and Im sure thats not doing it any good with the humidity, smoke, oxidation, etc.. I have seen the modern day sword carriers/storage bags that are pleather covered with the fuzzy stuff inside (sort of like gun bags). I also have grandiose plans of building a wooden display case with nice lining inside. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Jason

PS-should I be cleaning it in any way? Can someone point me to a relavent thread?

Jason,

I have had this concern myself. Here is a link to a thread that might be of some help.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=storage

Best of luck and be sure to share some pictures when you get your display done.

JasonS

Comment

I'd suggest cutting small rectangular holes through the scabbard & then slotting the blade through it to give an attractive "X" pattern when you mount it on the wall - like somebody did to one of mine.

Fortunately it was given to me, so I did'nt pay for it (it still hurts though) - I'll post photos.........

Comment

Thanks for the replys guys.

I would like to build a box but more realisticaly will by a bag.

Now where is that semichrome stuff....

Jason

Comment

Is home depot selling semichrome?

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by kchuah
            Is home depot selling semichrome?

Ken
            Not sure about home depot but most motorcycle shops around here have it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X