Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holler 2nd model Luft dagger with hanger.. value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holler 2nd model Luft dagger with hanger.. value?

Hey there..
    I saw a 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger for sale in an antique shop today on a road trip with my wife.

it is makermarked with the Holler logo.
    the blade is unsharpened and bright (mostly) with very little rust freckling (very, very slight.... maybe three spots within 1cm) toward the handguard. The blade does not look as if it has ever been cleaned.. nothing on the dagger looks to have been cleaned. It has the hanger in great condition included, the clips all work... the handguard of the dagger still has the leather bumper inside.

the handle is white and the wire wrapping/pommel/everything is in great condition. The screw on the scabbard is not bunged up (unturned).

what would a fair price be for this dagger? I don't want to offer too little, or pay too much.

I appreciate all your help... this would be my first dagger. If I can find out a fair price to offer I want to move on this quickly.

Thanks!
    -Brian in Iowa

I take it they had no asking price on it? If not, I would start around $400 judging on how they are pricing their other stuff. JMO Kevin.

Comment

they did have an asking price. asked $799 (which I though was way too high)

however the woman said the guy would "work on price".. and could put me into contact with him.

(it's a shop with many different "areas", each case with items from a different person)

Comment

Any more help with this one?

Comment

Originally posted by BROBS View Post
          Any more help with this one?
          Hanger if it is in that kind of nice shape would be alone about 100-125, so if it is nice dagger about 550-650 IMO

Comment

Ok thank you.. that gives me a little something to go off of.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X