Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

original ss frog?

hello,
    i am a new member of this forum and have a question.
    i have a bought a few months ago a k98 bayonet in very nice condition with a SS frog, my question is, is the SS frog original?
    i got a picture of it.
    i hope you can help me out, thanks allot!
    best regards sander bakker

Hello,

no the stamps are not original. SS in a rhomb is never original.

SS Markings are ONLY the kombination SS in a circle + contract number + year + RZM in a circle, for example SS 37/36 RZM

Comment

"Hello,

SS Markings are ONLY the kombination SS in a circle + contract number + year + RZM in a circle, for example SS 37/36 RZM"

I find those markings on the SS dagger hangers and such. Here are some markings from a frog used either by the Allgemeine SS, SS-VT or SS-TV. Fred, why don't you chime in here.

I don't know what the markings would be for a combat issue piece post 1939. Would the W-SS have used Heer marked frogs?
      Last edited by JoeW; 09-19-2012, 08:52 AM.

Comment

VA Stamps (= Versorgungsamt der SS) are possible too.

Waffen-SS, after the RZM Logo was no longer used, get normal marked frogs.

An other reason: By an order from 1940 the Waffen-SS under the command of the Wehrmacht (were in most times) gets equipment from the Wehrmacht...also bayonets and frogs.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
          "Hello,

SS Markings are ONLY the kombination SS in a circle + contract number + year + RZM in a circle, for example SS 37/36 RZM"

I find those markings on the SS dagger hangers and such. Here are some markings from a frog used either by the Allgemeine SS, SS-VT or SS-TV. Fred, why don't you chime in here.

I don't know what the markings would be for a combat issue piece post 1939. Would the W-SS have used Heer marked frogs?
          This is a quick answer from memory: I agree with Sleepwalker in that I don't like this frog's markings either. And circa 1940 (there is a published date which I can't remember at the moment) the W/SS became a regular recipient of Army sourced equipment. With the "RZM" part a little more complicated, as the daggers and certain field equipment were listed by name in the edict. And the SS was left to fend for itself with the VA as an authorized source, along with some 'self help' by the SS itself (with some of that most likely from the SS-TV). Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepwalker View Post
            ............... SS Markings are ONLY the kombination SS in a circle + contract number + year + RZM in a circle, for example SS 37/36 RZM
            PS: The only "RZM" marked 98K (S 84/98) bayonet frog that comes to mind at the moment was an overstamp on top of an original (but weak) Kriegsmarine frog marking. Which of course ruined it . Fred

Comment

The order is from the 02. Mai 1940. (B59a/g - AHA/Fz In (Ib) - Allgemeine Heeresmitteilungen Nr. 241 / 1940 ).

http://www.militaria-fundforum.de/at...7&d=1342614769

The SS also get captuerd (and often modified) frogs from poland, belgium, austria, czech, yugoslawia, france, italy withot any german Marking.

Comment

thanks alot for the help!
                now i know i bought a wrong bayonet well you win some you lose some.
                again thanks!
                regards sander bakker

Comment

Look at here, IMO original
                  VA stamped
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X