Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Unknown Dress Bayonet

Hello everyone.

Could you help me identify which type of dress bayonet this is? It was sold to me as a "Firemans/Police" dress bayonet, but the pommel and the green felt on the bayonet is confusing me. It is an unmarked Eickhorn to be sure but aside from that I have no clue.

Help!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8367454...7630846673306/

It is a fireman's bayonet. The pommels are solid and the washers are a standard feature though usually made from leather.

Comment

Oh so it is a firemans dress bayonet! I thought the pommel and the strap and the washer as you called it being green that it was a Army (Heer) dress bayonet of some kind. Ok...well thank you!

Comment

Hi Raymond,

The green felt buffer is sometimes seen on early production fire bayonets. Although most buffers are leather, this should not be a cause for concern. The knot is not for a Feuerwehr bayonet but appears to be an Army sword knot.

Regarding who produced your bayonet, I don't believe it was made by Eickhorn as the crossguard is too narrow. I can't tell by the hilt because you don't have a full on shot of it's profile but if I had to guess, I'd say it was a Horster product just from what I see. If you can post a better pic, it might shed more light.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X