• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late 1942 to early 1944.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
      Late 1942 to early 1944.

R.P. marked P. Weyersberg bayonets in the 12,000 range still used a black Bakelite grip. Some of the late black Bakelite grips show signs of imperfect manufacturing, from either dirty molds or some other kind of comparable manufacturing problem. With another late numbered P. Weyersberg bayonet series (most likely from a different batch) with no R.P. marking. That used the Typ 43 grips (red/reddish Bakelite with discernible wood particles in the plastic matrix). FP

Comment

Does anyone have an idea of how many were made and over what time frame?

Jim

Comment

Commercials from P.Weyersberg also produced for the German Polizei and RFV... not only Post. This commercial of this maker were the only witch wer numbered.

I think there were not numbered for difference contracts... i think there was a total, maybe of one year of production.

Comment

Thanks very much for the additional info!

Would this grips be a better match?

Jim

Comment

Hello probably yes, they are not WaA proofed, and it were matched to a bayonet, but this is not so important.

Comment

Hi
                The bayonet and frog are set, and I try to be exchanged against a bayonet riveted.
                Thierry

Comment

Hi
                  The bayonet and frog are set, and I try to be exchanged against a bayonet riveted.
                  Thierry

Comment

Tomorrow I made ​​pictures in sunlight, because they are good ...

Comment

Hy

News photos...

Comment

Much better pictures Thierry , thanks for taking the time to post them.

Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X