Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dagger

Hi

What kind of dagger/knife is this ? Is it german?

http://img221.imageshack.us/slidesho...d=37187245.jpg

THX for Help

Is it possible to get a closer picture of the makers mark on this bayonet?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LemonHead View Post
      Is it possible to get a closer picture of the makers mark on this bayonet?

Thanks
      not yet but there is 'weyersberg kirschbaum & cu(Gu) Solingen' on the blade (hard to read) and Vv 444 (also hard to read) on the part between grip and blade (dont know the english word)

Comment

1908-pattern bayonet Brazil

Comment

The germans made bayonets for a lot of different countrys .

Comment

bayonet

hello
            yes this bayonet is produce in germany in the years 1900, 1920, to export with mauser rifle in sud american country,i think for the BRASIL mod 1908!you have short and long version!
            best regards from France
            patrick

Comment

ok. thanks for help. i looked at web and there is a text... and this text say that this daggers/knifes has no markings when they are made for export !?!?! is this right ?

Comment

If you could post a link to where it says that it would help. But there are many early German exports which are maker marked. And some exceptions like the TR era S84/98 (98K) bayonet exported to Spain that had no external markings, with those exported to Portugal having only Waffenamts (with or w/o a serial # depending on which contract). But there was no general rule that export models from Germany (that I know of) as a group were supposed to be unmarked especially in the earlier years. FP

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X