No announcement yet.

Heer dagger (E. Pack & Sohne)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, I was able to get a few more pics. Let me know if this helps to better identify and authenticate. Thanks.

sammy t.
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

After the new pictures I think the dagger is not a true aluminum issued example but rather an example that the silver finish/plating has worn off of the pommel and crossguard. Let’s see what the other members say.

Comment

Originally posted by WW2-Collector View Post
                      After the new pictures I think the dagger is not a true aluminum issued example but rather an example that the silver finish/plating has worn off of the pommel and crossguard. Let’s see what the other members say.
                      I must say it doesn't look aluminum to me with the most recent pictures.
                      One I'd have to see in my hands.

Regards,
                      Frank

Comment

Tom and Frank, I agree, with the "patina" on the underside of the guard. Like to see the inside of the guard where the buffer is with the dagger disassembled... Starting to look like a polished pot metal version with the worn chest checkering on the bird. The pommel does look convincing though with very aluminum tone even down in the hand worked areas. Be interesting to see the inner surfaces on it too. Kevin.

Comment

Not sure if/when I'll be able to get more pics as I just purchased some items from this seller and probably won't see him again until next time he calls me with more items.

I know there has been a lot of review on this piece, so is it fair to say that it is an original piece but we are unsure of the construction material of the cross guard and the reason for the different fittings? or are we saying to stay away from the piece due to the unknown construction material and unusual fittings for this maker?

sammy t.

Comment

Unless it is a steal I would probably pass... really looks like someone may have tried to make a regular guard match the aluminum pommel, the scabbard raises a few questions too. Just saw a Horster Heer yesterday in hand at a local militaria store that had the same brass looking hanger bands but it had the single rear throat screw as is their norm.. Kevin.

Comment

thanks again heer68. I'll take your advice and pass. I'm guessing maybe this is a parts dagger. I don't think I'd get too much of a deal on it, probably around $350-$400. I'll just wait until another one comes around. Once again I thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Sammy t.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X