RAD Opinions

Hello, would like some opinions on this RAD
    Attached Files

Scab
    Attached Files

Comment

Original, Imo - is there a maker mark?

Comment

Looks like a piece in fine condition -- from what we can see, the grips appear to be completely intact and the finish is tight and without separation bubbles or peeling. The scabbard looks near perfect, as well. Can we please see the other side of both the dagger and the scabbard?

Br. James

Comment

A very nice original RAD leader here.

JC

Comment

As requested
            Attached Files

Comment

First one of these I have seen with no maker ?

Comment

A real beauty!! I like it very much. Is unusual to see no maker mark, but this hewer has such great condition that I don't think it matters! Congrats! Kevin.

Comment

Originally posted by heers68 View Post
                  A real beauty!! I like it very much. Is unusual to see no maker mark, but this hewer has such great condition that I don't think it matters! Congrats! Kevin.
                  I agree. Found another one on Lakesidetrader.

Comment

I like it, but , the engraving on the blade has me a bit stymied. It doesn't seem quite up to par of what I would expect to see , unless it is just peculair to this unnamed maker,but here is one to compare as to the engraving. I would like to see more examples for comparison on that aspect if anybody has any to show.

thetip and shape of the blade also looks unusual to me. But may just be this maker .

Comment

A proper RAD Officer's that looks like it is being offered by Brent Smith.

Comment

This one i have shown is a WKC

A closer look at the engraving I would expect to see, but may just be the light of YOUR photo's.

Comment

Actually that is not engraving on the motto. It is a process called acid etching. The motto on the dagger that started this thread is much better preserved and executed, than the one that junee shows. Additionally the one that Paul shows has all of the original beautiful burnishing to the motto, further showing a more desirable blade as opposed to one that has been all polished out.

Comment

Here is another example showing what a non-tuned up blade would look like.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the inputs gentlemen.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X