Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Dresden marked short swords?

Hello forum...

bought these at an estate sale about two weeks ago.. and now am trying to figure out what they are/value.

I thought they were cut down NCO swords... but now think they were made this way.

Both are marked Dresden, but different markers. They look like honest swords that were together forever.

any idea as to model and value, more or less for the pair?

thanks for the help Robert

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Your items are Sachsen Polizei short swords, I'd say constructed in the Weimar era & possibly worn into the 3R. While some Sachsen Polizei blades started out as long swords only to be cut down, I believe your blades started life at this length.

The Eickhorn looks to be in nicer shape on the blade & ray-skin grip so I'd say you'll do better on it. They generall sell on Eban in the $300-$400 range from what I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy G View Post
                Your items are Sachsen Polizei short swords, I'd say constructed in the Weimar era & possibly worn into the 3R. While some Sachsen Polizei blades started out as long swords only to be cut down, I believe your blades started life at this length.

The Eickhorn looks to be in nicer shape on the blade & ray-skin grip so I'd say you'll do better on it. They generall sell on Eban in the $300-$400 range from what I've seen.

Thanks for the help.

both have some sort of stock or rack number stamped on the cross guard. Robert

Comment

These pieces are sometimes inventory marked. I've owned a few, some are & some aren't. I think these numbers add a little something to their character.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X