demjanskbattlefield

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilhelm Wagner RAD enlisted hewer; rare MM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilhelm Wagner RAD enlisted hewer; rare MM?

I have an RAD enlisted hewer by Wilhelm Wagner. Is this a rare maker mark for this hewer?
    Attached Files

I would say quite rare! I have never seen one, thats for sure! Looks to be in nice shape too, interesting there is no "Ges. Gesch" with the rad triangle mark. How did you come along this one?? Kevin.

Comment

Highly unusual!

Could we see some better pictures please?

Comment

An older local lady brought it to the local shop along with some old depression era paper money. She said it came from her parents home in Geilinkirchen. It was the only TR item.

Sorry about the terrible photos. My son took them and I am currently away.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Loggie; 04-08-2012, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Another couple of poor photos. The black paint in the cross guard grooves on one side is almost gone. The blade had some black spotting that I carefully removed. It was not etched in the metal and is still faintly visible when examined closely.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Loggie; 04-08-2012, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Seems to be a nice original one.
            Maker is very rare. Never see another RAD with this MM.
            JC

Comment

1st time seeing this maker mark on a RAD hewer. Very nice looking overall. Unusual too that the RAD triangle is so far away from the maker's mark.

Comment

I see the Wilh.Wagner RAD first time too. Good to see something new from time to time
                The positioning of logo and the RAD triangle is very atypical, nevertheless nice hewer.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X